2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transfer Case problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Reedy17
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transfer Case problems??

Let me start by saying my knowledge of things like this are not as good as they could be, anyways... i was wondering if there is some kind of selector or something in the transfer case like there is in a transmission, because on mu 98 ram 1500 4x4 my 2HI isnt really there like it should be, i mean i guess my best way to explain this is when you put your transfer case into anything else, 4L N or 4H you can significantly feel it click right into those, but when you try to put it into 2HI its not really there like it should be, i have to kinda guess by putting it inbetween N and 4 HI and hope its in there right, and saying that its not really clicked in like it should be sometimes as im driving it kind of slips a bit and my truck starts running really hard and putting and i have to slam it back into 2 because it like slipped out a bit.. sometimes i have to completely pull over and mess with it until its running right again.. im not really sure what to do with this thing its really annoying..

on that note if i have to get it rebuilt or something how much would it cost?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slam it back into 2 on the column or on the t-case? If on the column you're talking about a tranny problem and not the t-case. If you're talking about the t-case you may need to just adjust it if it's slipping into N. But, I think I know what you're talking about when you put it into 2H it just seems to go and doesn't feel as solid like when you shift into 4anything. Mine's always felt like that.

Quick Reply: Transfer Case problems??