2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash bezel question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM
de8212
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash bezel question.

I've read and searched but not sure I found alot of people that have purchased the bezel cover.

Product Link.

Does anyone own one? What are your opinions of it? I realize it will look better than the cracked one but does it add strength to the original if it's removed a few times? IOW will the original still tend to crack and come to pieces but still be held together because of the cover?

I really need to get one or find a decent deal on a new bezel.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 PM
el_oso
Professional

I've never been one to cover up a problem. I'd take that money, add some to the till and get a full replacement. Plastic Parts Inc has these as well as the dash pad, both are higher quality than OEM ... and a better guarantee.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

all you need is a new actual bezel. i need one too along with a new top dash cover! It sucks!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:28 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get nice used bezels on ebay cheaper then that

Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM
de8212
Professional

Originally Posted by el_oso
I've never been one to cover up a problem. I'd take that money, add some to the till and get a full replacement. Plastic Parts Inc has these as well as the dash pad, both are higher quality than OEM ... and a better guarantee.
Can you give me a link to the bezel on Plastic Parts? I found the dash pad but not the bezel. And I am on my second bezel (also on my second dash that is cracked as well) that has cracked. Got it from a salvage yard but no way I would spend full price with a chance of it cracking as well.

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
You can get nice used bezels on ebay cheaper then that
ebay is a crap shoot. I've seen some that sell for $75 and some that go for double that. And I guess you have to have good timing. I don't scour it for days following auction after auction so I'm sure I miss out on some good deals.

I'd honestly rather just buy one outright even if I have to spend a little more for it but I am not paying dealer prices.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
halfamil
All Star

Junk yard.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by de8212
Can you give me a link to the bezel on Plastic Parts? I found the dash pad but not the bezel. And I am on my second bezel (also on my second dash that is cracked as well) that has cracked. Got it from a salvage yard but no way I would spend full price with a chance of it cracking as well.

Call them instead of email. They make the dash pads but get the bezel from another supplier so it's not listed, just ask for it and they should be able to help you out.

Last edited by el_oso; 10-06-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Dash bezel question.