2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

door latch prob

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:19 AM
BIG TRAV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry door latch prob

did a search found nothing im having a prob with the lower door latch on my 99 1500 Sport 5.9 4x4 it will not engage when you shut the door there for i will not let my kids ride in it until i get it fixed is there a reason it is not working on the lower but the upper is fine

Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Twisted Metal
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trav, I gather you referring to the ext cab doors? If so yes its kind of common for the lower latches to not work properly. What you will need to do is remove the door panels on the ext cab doors,and expose the linkage and latches. clean and lubricate them using some spray white lithium grease, or PB makes a dry film lube that I found works very well for this. Our Rams have been known to have issues with drainage issues in the doors. The drains get clogged, hence why alot of us have rusted door bottoms. I spray the latches twice a year.

Quick Reply: door latch prob