2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

2001 Dodge Ram Sport headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
kane912
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i was gonna try my buddies clear corner and see if we can get it too work ive heard people saying it doesnt but it doesnt hurt to try, and i live in canada and in a smaller city so cops dont do much about that stuff for vehicles as long as you can see them, yeah i might get them from there, well my lights have tried to be restored the owner before me had a leak in them and tried to seal them and they look like **** so im buying a set off of ebay.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i put a stock headlight off a regular truck on to my sport truck. it worked fine and it fit

Old 10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
kane912
Amateur

What did you do for your bulbs?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:44 PM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by big.red.ram
i put a stock headlight off a regular truck on to my sport truck. it worked fine and it fit
Mind if I ask why you'd trade of a quad bulb system for a two bulb? Seems a step back.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by kane912
yeah i was gonna try my buddies clear corner and see if we can get it too work ive heard people saying it doesnt but it doesnt hurt to try, and i live in canada and in a smaller city so cops dont do much about that stuff for vehicles as long as you can see them, yeah i might get them from there, well my lights have tried to be restored the owner before me had a leak in them and tried to seal them and they look like **** so im buying a set off of ebay.

Try here for OEM:

http://www.briteautolitesinc.com/

Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
kane912
Amateur

okay thanks

Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 PM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

yeah I have been trying to find some, I am just keeping my stock housings. Putting money toward bigger and better things. All the ones I find are pretty ricey!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:03 AM
kane912
Amateur

Yeah thats what im going to do im just going to buy new OEM new ones

Old 10-25-2009, 03:29 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by el_oso
Name some manufacturers, bring testing data and any other empirical evidence supporting a claim that a certain product stands up ... otherwise it's "because I say so" and unless a person has a huge background in a particular area to back that up then the argument goes nowhere.

Sorry.
You're missing the whole point.

I don't have to bring any evidence to disprove any claim involving the number 100%.

You can say most. You can say all the big ones. You could say a lot of things, but you can't say 100%. You can't prove 100%. You can say its highly unlikely, you can say you highly doubt it, but unless you/he/whoever has tested 100% of the manufacturers in the entire world, you can't claim 100%.

For me to disprove 100%, I'd have to do the same... test all the manufacturers in the world, which is impossible. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they aren't all junk. All I'm saying is neither of us know for sure... and you are arguing that yes, you do know for sure, which is impossible.

To be blunt, no, you don't for sure. And neither does he, I don't care what his name is or how many studies or how much research he's done. Like I said, he can say most, he can say an overwhelming majority, and he can say 80% (or whatever percentage those three manufacturers make of the world's total makers), but he can't claim 100%.

I had those lights. They would be good if you could aim them, but there is no way to adjust them. They have no alignment screws and aim the light to high. Therefore, especially if you involve a HID system, you will be doing nothing but blinding oncoming traffic and not seeing much.

They look really cool, I loved the looks... but got tired of the lack of night vision.

I'd suggest something along the lines of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D1&viewitem=

Did you check that link before you posted it? They don't list any headlamps for any Dodge Rams.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 AM
el_oso
Professional

Originally Posted by jasonw
You're missing the whole point.

I don't have to bring any evidence to disprove any claim involving the number 100%.

You can say most. You can say all the big ones. You could say a lot of things, but you can't say 100%. You can't prove 100%. You can say its highly unlikely, you can say you highly doubt it, but unless you/he/whoever has tested 100% of the manufacturers in the entire world, you can't claim 100%.

For me to disprove 100%, I'd have to do the same... test all the manufacturers in the world, which is impossible. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they aren't all junk. All I'm saying is neither of us know for sure... and you are arguing that yes, you do know for sure, which is impossible.

To be blunt, no, you don't for sure. And neither does he, I don't care what his name is or how many studies or how much research he's done. Like I said, he can say most, he can say an overwhelming majority, and he can say 80% (or whatever percentage those three manufacturers make of the world's total makers), but he can't claim 100%.

I had those lights. They would be good if you could aim them, but there is no way to adjust them. They have no alignment screws and aim the light to high. Therefore, especially if you involve a HID system, you will be doing nothing but blinding oncoming traffic and not seeing much.

They look really cool, I loved the looks... but got tired of the lack of night vision.

I'd suggest something along the lines of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3D1&viewitem=

Did you check that link before you posted it? They don't list any headlamps for any Dodge Rams.

Fine then, you can spend your hard earned money on housing after housing after housing on the assumption that somewhere along the line you might just happen upon one that's actually worthwhile (or even aim). For the average "Joe" who wants to rest assured that he's getting his money's worth then it's best to stick with a known quantity and that's OEM.

Too many people get these cruddy aftermarket products for 1) to save money or 2) try to make their vehicle look "cool" ... neither one addresses the purpose of headlamps ie: get the light on the road ahead of you in the most efficient and safe manner.

It's like buying a flashlight because you like the way it looks in your hand even though you can't find your *** with it after dark.

I'm sure that "Eurolights Lighting" is fine for you, and that those other knockoffs will make many in the market quite happy, but I guarantee that at this moment in time none of them measures up. None. Until the time that the aftermarket becomes known for making an equivalent or superior product, through peer review and independent testing, even just one manufacturer will do, then the sweeping generalization applies.

Again, name me one aftermarket knockoff that meets or exceeds OEM.

You can't.

But you'll continue to insist on doing so because "you know" it just has to be that way much like there are still people out there who "know" that blue coated bulbs are brighter instead of actually just being blue ... and a bit dimmer.

As to the link not having the housing listed, their access to stock changes daily so phone calls are the way to go. You know phones, right? I'd explain the concept but I'm afraid I'd end up in an argument about documented phone technology vs. some unique personal theory about cosmic audio vapors.

/my participation on this subject

LOVE YOU!

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport headlights