2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Automatic Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 AM
myakkacracka
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to my friend who owns a transmission shop (ATA Transmissions, Sarasota, Fl) he told me about a product called "Shudder Fixx". He said change the fluid with ATF-4, change the filter and add two 2oz tubes of shudder fix and if that dosent clear it up you need a new TC. So I did what he said and problem solved.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

around here you can get mopar atf 4 from walmart.
they also sell the mopar M090 oil filters.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myakkacracka
I talked to my friend who owns a transmission shop (ATA Transmissions, Sarasota, Fl) he told me about a product called "Shudder Fixx". He said change the fluid with ATF-4, change the filter and add two 2oz tubes of shudder fix and if that dosent clear it up you need a new TC. So I did what he said and problem solved.
Just curious, but if you have a friend who OWNS a tranny shop, why wouldn't you ask him first? That just defies common sense.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by J415
Just curious, but if you have a friend who OWNS a tranny shop, why wouldn't you ask him first? That just defies common sense.
HUH? you could never have too many opinions/advice to make an educated decision....besides he never said how good a friend he was...and everyone loves $$. Makes sense to me?

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 10-22-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
HUH? you could never have too many opinions/advice to make an educated decision....besides he never said how good a friend he was...and everyone loves $$. Makes sense to me?
me personally, I value the opinion of a personal friend over internet advice any day of the week. Don't get me wrong, alot of the people on the DF know what there talking about, and know it well, but a friend who OWNS a tranny shop does carry a little more weight.

He must be a good enough friend for him to TAKE that advice and run with it, and yes, it is possible to have to many opinions/advice. My brother use to always tell me (and I'm sure you heard it before) opinions are like ********, everybody's got one. I hope I'm not coming off as a punk. I'm a saying this a respectfully as possible, just for arguments sake.

BTW;what ever happened to Maroon. I haven't seen him around for a while.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
halfamil
All Star

Who knows what kind of fluid is in it ? No way to tell really.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
myakkacracka

I called him and he was busy so I just stoped by there aftwer work and talked to him

Old 10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

BTW;what ever happened to Maroon. I haven't seen him around for a while.
He's either at college or havesting corn....

Old 10-22-2009, 03:15 PM
myakkacracka

I called him and he was busy so I just stoped by there aftwer work and talked to him. I always like to see if my fellow dodge owners have had any similar problems.

Quick Reply: Automatic Transmission