2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AEM Drop in Filter <-- Ha, good luck finding one

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Drop in Filter <-- Ha, good luck finding one

Yeah so I have been on the search for a few days now and can't find one. Sure I found the partnumber 28-20084DK, but it always leads to a dead end. Called three local places and they can't get it it, nor do they have one in stock. So I figured i'd jump online and see what I can find. Ha... again nothing but dead ends. Jegs, Summit, Moes Performance, etc... and a few smaller websites and no one has it. The either tell me it is "the part number is discontinued" or "backordered". A call to AEM and they tell me it is backordered with no ETA on when they would make them again. Thought I would share with you guys and hope that someone might have the slightest clue as to where to find one for me.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM
AlabamaRam95
All Star
Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Thanks man. I usually try to stick with main companys just so I know everything turns out well. I called usautoparts.com (forgot to mention earlier) and while there website said instock, same as Moes Performance, it really wasn't and I fear that is the case for most of the above. But I guess the only way is to call and find out. Actually... that isn't as easy as I thought.

Statracing is online order only and when you try to call you can't speak to anyone. You have to leave a message for the sales staff who then sends you a payment request through paypa to buyl? Thats different, but ok. Haha I just wanna know if they have it.

gravanatuning is about $10 more expensive than everywhere i've looked (maybe because they have one and know im looking for one lol) $50 shipped is what most others sell for so im going to pass from buying from them.

Redlinemotive is similar to statracing, where you can't get ahold of anyone on the phone and insist that you email for faster service. Email sent.. waiting for reply.

Bestinauto, called them and currently am still waiting for someone to pickup. .... Still on hold (10min + already).

Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Just got off the phone from Bestinauto. They buy from AEM, and drop ship to me. Since AEM isn't making them... that means yet another no-go. There arn't any on ebay, or amazon either.

Edit:

Also sent statracing an email asking if it is in stock too. Waiting for reply.

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 10-23-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:38 PM
AlabamaRam95
All Star

sorry dude...i just posted the first ones i saw that didnt say "out of stock"

Old 10-23-2009, 06:20 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by AlabamaRam95
sorry dude...i just posted the first ones i saw that didnt say "out of stock"
Np man, I appreciate it. I've had my K&N in mine for a good while and never cleaned it (always worried about over oiling etc.) Had a friend who said he would give me a couple bucks for it... couple that with the $12 dollars for the K&N cleaning kit.. I was half way towards an AEM where i wouldn't need to buy oil ever again, and aparently filters better too. Seemed like a no-brainer but too bad it didn't work out. i just got back from the parts store with the K&N recharge kit so i guess that takes care of that. Thanks again for looking out for me.

Edit, also just got the emails back from the two companys and both said it is discontinued. (statracing and redline). Glad i bought the recharge kit.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 PM
AlabamaRam95
All Star

that recharge kit will last for years

Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lol I was talking to him about "cleaning" his K&N he waited quite a while to clean his. I need to find a stock box anyone got one I can have?

Quick Reply: AEM Drop in Filter <-- Ha, good luck finding one