2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cereal Killer's 2" lift thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So uh, offhand, does anyone know the torque spec for the Leaf pack center bolt? I'm pretty sure the U-bolt nuts are 110 ft-lbs, but I have no idea what the center pin bolts is...

Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Anybody?

Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd have to check my manual, which is at home right now.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Thanks, I couldn't find it. Possibly they call it something else... I dunno. If you don't get around to it then no big deal, I'm usually pretty good at tightening things till they feel right.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You are correct on the ubolts, but I don't see the center pin listed anywhere in my FSM.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
You are correct on the ubolts, but I don't see the center pin listed anywhere in my FSM.
I didn't either, but thanks for looking. It's cool. I'll just snug it down tight enough I know it's not going anyplace.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I imagine it's not in there because even if one leaf is broke, the dealer just replaces the whole pack. But I would think there would be some details on that in the directions if an aftermarket AAL was installed with a longer pin. So maybe someone with an AAL will chime in that still has the directions that came with it.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:50 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that centerpin, all you need to do is get it nice and tight, once the ubolts are on, the leafpack aint going anywhere, even if the nut came off the centerpin as the pin's head is sunk in a hole on the mounting pad on the axle

thats how it was on my cherokee, and the front of my dads truck when we put the leveling kit on it

Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
So uh, offhand, does anyone know the torque spec for the Leaf pack center bolt? I'm pretty sure the U-bolt nuts are 110 ft-lbs, but I have no idea what the center pin bolts is...
i don't know the torque but i would imagine that it'd be somewhere around 65-70 ft-lbs.
so does asking a question like that mean that you went ahead and got the poor mans lift kit? i'm still waiting for my add a leafs to come in the mail. you would think that being one state over that it would only take a couple days to get here.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
i don't know the torque but i would imagine that it'd be somewhere around 65-70 ft-lbs.
so does asking a question like that mean that you went ahead and got the poor mans lift kit? i'm still waiting for my add a leafs to come in the mail. you would think that being one state over that it would only take a couple days to get here.
I imagine you'd be right about that 65-70 ft-lbs... Had to go find a bolt to replace the one I snapped tightening it down too much. So much for doing it by feel lol. Man did those leaves come apart faster than they went together

Anyway dsertog56 sold me his Skyjacker 2" lift coils for the front, and I got the add-a-leaves for the rear. Much easier than replacing spring packs. Especially since you don't have to Push the gas tank out of the way on the driver side.

I'll post pictures later.

On another note I'd like to say if anyone has any notions of doing business with dsertdog56 in the future, you can do so worry free. He is a great guy. He went out of his way to get those springs to me fast, and hell he even did a professional packing job with them. Kept in contact with me daily until they arrived on my doorstep. I know on forums sometimes you have to be leery about who to trust sometimes. But he's the real deal. I'd definitely do business with him in the future.

Quick Reply: Cereal Killer's 2" lift thread