2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

For all those with NV3500's...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
4x4bills
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all those with NV3500's...

...who are looking to replace the clutch. I got this info straight from Roger Warner At Centerforces Tech Dept

""Per original equipment specification, your stock clutch measure 11" 7/8 with a transmission input shaft of 1" 1/8x10 spline Our catalog shows an 11" clutch disc being used for this application because we retrofit a different clutch assembly into this application.
""

After literally a month and a half of looking around the internet and asking alot of people I finally found it out thanks to Centerforce

Now I just need a job to pay for the stupid thing

Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Dr Donut
Veteran

thought I would throw this up in here instead of making a new thread. I also have the 3500 and was wondering if theres any preventative maint. that should be done for these, at 120k there's no problems but I'd like to prevent any from popping up.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM
4x4bills

Stuff specifically for the tranny I can only suggest changing the fluid every 30,000 or 60,000 miles (I forget which, a haynes manual will tell you)

That and I put some Lucas Transmission Fix in and it seems to be running a little better. It doesn't solve the problem if your tranny needs rebuilt like mine but it'll help. As a preventive maint thing it'll help though. Also try some lucas fuel injector cleaner.

Link: http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...tid=9&loc=show

On a different not I put some Engine Restore during my last oil change and it's quieted down whatever is ticking in my engine(i suspect a valve or lifter) And it ran a little smoother too. I'm no believer in the miracle in a can stuff, but from my personal experience those two products are good.

Link: http://www.restoreusa.com/Engine_Restorer.html

Oh and my truck has 156,xxx odd miles on it. Not that that's any evidence that that's when yours will go, but from what I've heard that's when most transmissions and clutches start getting to have trouble. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by 4x4bills; 10-30-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Quick Reply: For all those with NV3500's...