2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Cheat
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions

Ok, Ive got a 1997 dodge ram 1500 5.9L with a 5" lift. And i always thought a side pipe setup would sound and look great, now ive got two shorty headers and a magnaflow cat back with the two in one out cat. going to a single 3in pipe to the pass rear. Now I would want to take my cat out but i want a louder more deep tone than it has now. And I would want true duals for the side pipes. Which the tips would be dual 2.5" square tips. What do you think guys? Look cool? And what parts?
Thanks,
Cheat.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
1fast2liter
Captain

replace the magna muff with a dual out flow master and have the pipes bent up to where you want them to go.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Cheat
Veteran

Originally Posted by 1fast2liter
replace the magna muff with a dual out flow master and have the pipes bent up to where you want them to go.
But see im going to cut my cat out anyways, No use for it being there in my opinion. And just run true duals so a dual in/out flow. Or a offroad X pipe with two single in/out flow? And what kind should i use?
Thanks,
Cheat.

Quick Reply: Exhaust questions