2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shes gotta go.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM
townsley4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shes gotta go.

well, i think this was the straw that broke the camels back..whole tranny needs replaced. 2500$. pulled the pan off and there was all kinds off metal shavings and its all tore it. i dont even have the truck paid off yet. ive only had it for 6 months and everything has gone wrong with it. its time to get rid of it. im going to try to trade it in. ive been around and around with the dealer that sold me this, and their blind mechanics. i give up on this truck. anyway...i wanna say thanks for all the help and info you guys gave. helped out alot, but this truck obvious cant be helped enough.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bye (I have nothing else to add. The text limit rules applies here.)

Old 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Magnumpwr16
Veteran

sorry to see ya go.....if its any consolation im going through the same exact thing right now, didnt know if it was worth doing but ended up having the tranny rebuilt as we speak...its a tough decision. Good Luck.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:59 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Another truck would cost more than $2500?

Rule 2 of Ram buying: Dont buy a 2001, they seem to have the most problems!
Rule 1 is: Your plenum gasket is blown!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what else would be left to fix if the tranny got replaced?
the way i see it, the more i fix, the less i have to worry about crapping out on me.
catching problems early is the key to not being stranded.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by townsley4
well, i think this was the straw that broke the camels back..whole tranny needs replaced. 2500$. pulled the pan off and there was all kinds off metal shavings and its all tore it. i dont even have the truck paid off yet. ive only had it for 6 months and everything has gone wrong with it. its time to get rid of it. im going to try to trade it in. ive been around and around with the dealer that sold me this, and their blind mechanics. i give up on this truck. anyway...i wanna say thanks for all the help and info you guys gave. helped out alot, but this truck obvious cant be helped enough.
Name:  gtfo_barker.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  13.4 KB

Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Weldor
Veteran

Why would you take a truck that you just bought back to the dealer with a wrecked tranny only to get half of what you bought it for originally because of the tranny, then have to go and buy another truck or car (which is going to have problems believe me) all because of a $2500 fix. I could see if you bought the truck for $1000 or something but that's a good looking truck. If you think your going to trade or sell this dodge or whatever and buy a magic vehicle that dosent have problems you need to get your head outta your ***!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 PM
townsley4
Veteran

Hey retard...if you havnt noticed anythig else I posted....this is the worst truck I have ever owned. I paid around 7,000 with plus traded my dak. For 4K. So this is a bit ****in rediculous. Obviously my head is out of my ***, because I'm finally getting rid of this piece of **** before something else craps out. Before you go bein a ********, try seein yourself in my position before u start talkin **** dude. Now.. I do appreciate all of you who have helped me along with all my ?'S.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Weldor
Veteran

You don't think I've had problems with a truck before? I just don't go onto a dodge forum and bad mouth the truck...I can't stand whiners like you, so do what bob barker tells ya and get the **** out!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:47 PM
townsley4
Veteran

Hey ****er I've never bad mouthed it till now. I can't stand retards like you who think they know everything. Shut your ****in mouth and take the time to read all my other posts before u start sayin **** mother ****er.

Quick Reply: shes gotta go.