2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Be careful putting tire chains on!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be careful putting tire chains on!

Well i was up hunting today and ended up having to throw chains on. I went to tighten the last cam and i didn't realize that the chain wasn't all the way clipped and it popped loose and smashed my hand pretty good. Make sure y'all are careful and wear gloves when ya chain up. Luckly it didn't do to much damage to my hand, as i was alone and about 35miles from help.

Josh

Old 11-20-2009, 11:53 PM
WScott1500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch - glad to hear it wasn't too bad.

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
i was alone and about 35miles from help.
Josh
I know that feeling. Had a deer jump out out of a snowbank in front of my truck 10 years ago up in the UP of Michigan and drive my radiator through the fan. No cell service, no town for 30 miles and single digits outside. I was dressed for it, but being an hour shy of sundown I wasn't leaving the truck. It was a long, cold wait 'til someone drove by...........

Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Weldor
Veteran

Originally Posted by WScott1500
I know that feeling. Had a deer jump out out of a snowbank in front of my truck 10 years ago up in the UP of Michigan and drive my radiator through the fan. No cell service, no town for 30 miles and single digits outside. I was dressed for it, but being an hour shy of sundown I wasn't leaving the truck. It was a long, cold wait 'til someone drove by...........

That sucks! I know what you mean though I see people here in Alberta driving in -40c weather without the proper clothes on because it's not "stylish". Tell ya what you won't be lookin to good when your car breaks down and your frozen blue like a popslice.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i know the feeling of that

i was hunting in northern maine, was in my 07 ford focus that i had.(lol) It was me and my best friend

we were miles upn miles from anyone. deep in the wood bird hunting, about 27 degrees out for the sun ws shining great that day so it made thing a bit warmer
Decided to go through a water hole in the middle of the road. it wasnt solid ground underneath. got stuck. this was at about 8:30 in th am. All we had was a bag of weed, a box with 6 donuts, and me and buddy each had a 20 oz coffee.

Someone drove by at 9:53 am THE NEXT DAY!!! My car wasnt broke down, just stuck. So we had heat all night. no cell service. but All that day we walked around with the gun trying to kill a partidge so we could eat. cuz by 9:30am the first day the donuts were gone cuz we smoked alot lol. had nothing to drink, was drinking out of little springs in the woods..

This adventure sucked

Old 11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran

haha least u had that to pass the time

Originally Posted by 95RAM360

All we had was a bag of weed, a box with 6 donuts, and me and buddy each had a 20 oz coffee.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Weldor
Veteran

This should be the new "Survivorman". 1 man, 1 bag of weed, 6 donuts...1 week alone, will he survive and make it out?

Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Weldor
This should be the new "Survivorman". 1 man, 1 bag of weed, 6 donuts...1 week alone, will he survive and make it out?

lmfao

Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by 95RAM360

i was hunting in northern maine, was in my 07 ford focus that i had.(lol) It was me and my best friend

we were miles upn miles from anyone. deep in the wood bird hunting, about 27 degrees out for the sun ws shining great that day so it made thing a bit warmer
Decided to go through a water hole in the middle of the road. it wasnt solid ground underneath. got stuck. this was at about 8:30 in th am. All we had was a bag of weed, a box with 6 donuts, and me and buddy each had a 20 oz coffee.

Someone drove by at 9:53 am THE NEXT DAY!!! My car wasnt broke down, just stuck. So we had heat all night. no cell service. but All that day we walked around with the gun trying to kill a partidge so we could eat. cuz by 9:30am the first day the donuts were gone cuz we smoked alot lol. had nothing to drink, was drinking out of little springs in the woods..

This adventure sucked
Your story made my day. I am laughing so hard right now haha.

Quick Reply: Be careful putting tire chains on!