2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 03:13 PM
xray99
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think alot depends on what state he lives in.
If he lives in a no fault state like me, then he is screwed and can't recover from anyone with only liability.
In a no fault state, when you are involved in an accident, whether its your fault or not, your insurance company takes care of the damages, not the other drivers insurance ,,, And if you only have liability, thats it, no way to recover.
There is some kind of "tort deductible" or something like that that you can look into, $500 max.
Thats what I got when my Firebird was bashed in.

Florida
Hawaii
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
New Jersey
New York
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Utah

All are no fault states.

Last edited by xray99; 11-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think maryland and maine are also no fault states. that no fault crap is retarded, so if you get hit sitting at a stop light by some chick that is yapping about her period or something to her friend and not paying attention then you have to pay for the damages? thats stupid.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
^i couldn't have said it better.

what insurance company do you have mopar mike? in my opinion, the only insurance companies worth having are USAA or GEICO. they're quick to take care of accidents and they stand by their customers.

I have a Little company called Farm Bureau, probaly never heard of it.

She has Progressive.

My Brother got Geico for his S-10, within the first week of having them, He totaled his truck after he let someone else drive his truck because he was drunk, they ran off the road, went Airborne, went inbetween two trees knocking off both Side mirrors and then Hitting a tree head on while still in the air.

They said he was Irresponsible and they would never cover him again. lmao.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i've heard bad things about both of those companies.

how is it irresponsible of someone when their DD totals their truck? that's messed up.

when i first got my license progressive wanted 2000$ a year for just liability on my 89 thunderbird, what a load of crap.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Sorry to bring up a Month old Thread, but I have to complain to someone and maybe get a little more Advice.

Since i have Liability, my Insurance won't fight for me, or anything, they left me out to dry. Her Insurance company is only willing to pay for 30% of the damages, so I don't know what do, I guess I could take them to Small claims court, but then the most I'd get would be 50% because Lawyers are so Damn expensive. I got royally screwed over.

Anyone else have any other idea of what I could do?

Edit: oh yeah, before I forget, They went to my School to inspect the damages on my truck, without My or the school's permission or knowing. I asked my Secretary a couple days before, that if they came to look at my vehicle do they have to let someone know. She told me, they have to have the school's permission to inspect a Students vehicle, and that I should be out there as well. Anyone think I should do something about that?

Last edited by Mopar Mike; 12-29-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and it was total 100% her falt?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tell, them that you are going to take them to court and see if your bluff can persuade them to give you a better deal...is you insurance haggling with them? or you?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never mind, i see you said your insurance crapped out on ya

Old 12-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

well since my Insurance company isnt getting involved anymore, and they are the ones who decide whos at fault, I'm not sure what to go by.

but from What I understand the Police Report read Driver 1 (her) was not paying attention and distracted, and Backed into Vehicle 2 (me)

the only thing thats screwed up about it all was that she was only 4 or 5 cars deep in that row in the parking lot. She lied her *** off and told them that she was already backing out while I was turning to go into that row, which is a lie, because if she was already most of the way out (which is what her Insurance Co. says) then I would have hit her with my Front bumper, which is obviously not the case, but her Insurance Co. won't listen to me and told me "You either take the 30% or close the claim and don't take anything at all. Those are your only 2 choices." I brought up Small claims court and all they said about that was that they were prepared to fight there as well.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to small claims, driver 1 is always at fault(at least in montana). They need to pay for both rigs that got damaged. This is EXACTLY what happen to me and my insurance had to go to court with the other company.

Quick Reply: Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...