2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...

Been awhile since I've been on here. Hope I havnt missed much.

Anyway, This happend on Monday Oct. 12th. I had just gotten my License the Thursday before. This was my second time driving to school.

I was leaving the parking lot, got stuck in traffic, I look to my left, and see a Blue freakin' Focus coming at me in Reverse, before I even have time to Honk, the stupid think slams into me.

I guess the Girl driving the car didn't think to check one of her 3 Mirrors before backing up to see a Huge red truck sitting behind her. so now, My Door won't open.

It's over a month later, and guess what... I'm still getting into the truck Dukes of Hazzard style which is really getting old. I have no idea why the Insurance Co. hasnt Contacted me except for the one time the day it happened, and now I'm starting to get mad about it. lol

I've gotten Estimants on it, and they range from $1,800 to $2,400.

This was my first accident, and maybe it's just me, but this has been a really long time for nothing to be settled yet, but then again what do I know.

Anyway here's some Pictures.

Name:  Picture086.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  Picture087.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  Picture088.jpg
Size:  126.9 KB

Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would be calling them......NOW......looks like a good time to get that rust fixed for free, too

Old 11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i would be calling them......NOW......looks like a good time to get that rust fixed for free, too
1++ Why you didn't call the first day is beyond me. Maybe it was a newbie mistake. I've had those before.

My first accident, I got the lady's insurance, but failed to make her show me the card for it. Got stuck with a $500 repair bill to have my fender replaced. Still trying to track her down and take her to court for the money. Stupid woman can't hold a job down or stay in one place long enough.

Another thing, when you are on a parking lot, you are considered to be on private property in the state of Missouri. When you are the road, call the cops every time an accident happens. I don't care if your truck was damaged or not. If the cops aren't called, you open the door up to countless headaches if the other party decides to get shady. They can attempt to sue you for damages to their truck when it wasn't even your fault.

Moral- Cover your ***, and in this case, do it quick before you get snubbed off and forgotten. Keep on her insurance's *** and they'll get something done.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:34 AM
xray99
Banned

Ouch, I had the same thing happen by a careless ditz in my 68 Firebird, I was in motion at a right angle behind her going to park at a 7-11, I see her brake lights come on and she starts rolling back, I'm thinking "check your mirrors you dumb skank" she keeps on coming, so I blare out my horn which is very loud, and stepped on it as much as I could without risking going through 7-11's window, this thing jumps like a lion when you step on the accelerator ,,, But I couldn't clear fast enough, and she nailed me right in the last 6 inches of my classic ride.

I was royally pissed and jumped out of my car thinking I just might kick her *** for this, but when she started crying I was the one comforting her, dumb sucker that I am.
She said ohh, I didn't see anything in my mirror, I said lady, if you would have looked you would have seen nothing but my beautiful red Firebird in your mirror.

I had a Camaro for 3 years that I used the window to get in and out of the car.

Last edited by xray99; 11-24-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:02 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

if you pry that dent out of the door or pry between the door and the fender you may be able to open your door. that would suck. and they say women are suppose to be better driver lol.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Weldor
Veteran

Better drivers my ***, I get scared every time I see an asian chick behind the wheel!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

no women drivers=talking on cell phones and crashes....come to my area i live in the city, you would murder some of the drivers here. i have 4 cars....all four have been hit, 3 of them while they were parked. never claimed it thugh, fixed them myself. plus ive had my liscense 6 years, and i have a perfectly clean record, and id like to keep it that way,

but damn...the truck didnt deserve that man.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Weldor
Veteran

That sucks but like said before, its a good time to get that rust fixed up on someone elces dime.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
1++ Why you didn't call the first day is beyond me. Maybe it was a newbie mistake. I've had those before.

My first accident, I got the lady's insurance, but failed to make her show me the card for it. Got stuck with a $500 repair bill to have my fender replaced. Still trying to track her down and take her to court for the money. Stupid woman can't hold a job down or stay in one place long enough.

Another thing, when you are on a parking lot, you are considered to be on private property in the state of Missouri. When you are the road, call the cops every time an accident happens. I don't care if your truck was damaged or not. If the cops aren't called, you open the door up to countless headaches if the other party decides to get shady. They can attempt to sue you for damages to their truck when it wasn't even your fault.

Moral- Cover your ***, and in this case, do it quick before you get snubbed off and forgotten. Keep on her insurance's *** and they'll get something done.

We actually, The day it happend they called me, and thats the only time I have talked with her Insurance Co. also, a Police report was filled out at the scene.

I would take a crow bar and Pry it out, but I'm still hoping her Insurance will pay for it.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Weldor
Veteran

The thing I've noticed with most fender benders is usually the longer you wait to get it fixed and be reimbursed from her insurance the less chance you have for it working out. IMO

Quick Reply: Had a Fender Bender... Woman Drivers...