2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

my build list... with prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:52 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my build list... with prices

ok guys i know i cant do a built up for he truck, but i figured the least i could do was get you guy a price and build sheet for what ive done to my truck... so here it is... now keep in mind these are all lower prices cause i put in the retil on everything, and didnt include any shipping, or taxs....

front and rear dana 60's------------------------------------------------------------750( BIG STEAL)
custom shafts llc driveshafts----------------------------------------------------400
dick cepek long arms----------------------------------------------------------------600
skyjacker etreme drop pitman arm---------------------------------------------200
skyjacker front coil springs--------------------------------------------------------220
dtprofab tracbar------------------------------------------------------------------------430
daystar coil spacers-----------------------------------------------------------------130
bilstian 5175 offroad racing shocks---------------------------------------------280
custom rear leaf springs------------------------------------------------------------470
tough country aal springs-----------------------------------------------------------100
bds shackle flip-------------------------------------------------------------------------250
ord zero rate-----------------------------------------------------------------------------150
new ubolts---------------------------------------------------------------------------------50
procomp series 52 16X10 8lug rims---------------------------------------------420
37X12.50 Super Swamper SSR tires------------------------------------------1400
head lights tail lights and third brake light-------------------------------------400
new grill and front bumper-----------------------------------------------------------400
posilock cable----------------------------------------------------------------------------210
skyjacker trasfer case index ring-------------------------------------------------295
Vinyona speed shop TRANSMISSION W/cooler--------------------------1080
pacesetter shorty headers and magnaflow hiflow ypipe and cat-------380
1ton steering box-------------------------------------------------------------------------300

all = up to about 8830 or something like that... so i just say i got 9k invested into this truck.... for it to look as good as it does...

now there are always things to come... the next few things that are going on the truck,... is i am replacing some body parts... getting the body almost dent free if i can... and then getting it repainted white again with the black grill and bumper... from there i have my 2inch tubing that i am going to make some sliders out of for the doors and cab even though i don't think i will ever hit them on anything... and then a set of skid plates will be made for this truck because i know myself... i am going to get high centerd on a hill somewhere case i think i sit high enough... and at the same time i am pulling the interior and possible roll cage when i do the rhino lined floor boards and then bolting diamond plate as permanent removable floor mats...
by the time i get that done the tires will start to wear down and i will need to add the 3inch body lift and maybe cut some fenders and fit some 41s under it... rework the sliders... and shold be about done with the truck untill i can get something else to play with... and this truck will be a recovery truck...

Last edited by meanwhitemopar; 12-10-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: one of my lines were off
Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 AM
dodgeboy7
Veteran

I want to see some pictures of this monster

Old 12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would get longtubes save your self in the long run

Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

i want long tubes... how can i do long tubes and true duals... remember i have to have emissions comliant... so ihave to keep o2's and that means a cat.... so how can i?

Name:  twist.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  29.8 KB
this was with the stock ram front and no shocks... i can go more then this right now.

Name:  twisteed.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  34.0 KB
again with stock front shocks... so its limited on drop and up travel

Name:  sittintaller.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  67.5 KB
this is how the truck sits now....about 10 inch lift and 37 inch tires.. i can fit more, but i didnt know that at the time...

Last edited by meanwhitemopar; 12-10-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
all = up to about 8830 or something like that... so i just say i got 9k invested into this truck.... for it to look as good as it does...
Total came to $8915.

But, like you said, thats without shipping or taxes. Shipping alone will put you above $9k.

To stay emissions compliant with true duals, you'll need two cats, probably with two O2 sensors pre (one per cat), and two O2 sensors post (one per cat).

However, some emissions laws won't let you have more cats than what you came with from the factory. It depends on how strict North Carolina can get.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

ya see.. or is there a way i can get long tubes and still get it benifited with the single tubes...

Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Daily Driver
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put long tubes and a huge y pipe on my 98 trans am, do they make a set up like this for our trucks? In Va it will not pass inspection if it has two cats and came factory with one, unless you know somebody.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you could always use a H-pipe before the 2 cats and drill a hole in it for a O2 bung. that way you don't have to worry about wiring for (2) O2 sensors

Old 12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well thats the thing... i dont want to be doin all custom work to get it to work...

but wjxavier... i have the same set up as you... the summit shorty headers..look ont he driver side one.. they are pacesetter... magnaflow and glasspack

Old 12-11-2009, 10:44 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea, i knew they were pacesetter, however, i wish i got the ceramic coated ones now, because mine are starting to slightly rust around the bolts and whatnot. not that big of a deal, that kinda thing is bound to rust anyway. just like the stock manifolds. personally, i like the setup i have right now. just enough power on both ends to satisfy my needs so i'm happy.

with the duals, you're more than likely gonna have to do custom work regardless to get it installed. you can buy H-pipes already pre-assembled and just slap it together. you'll just have to figure out where haha.

Quick Reply: my build list... with prices