2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Error Code 31

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
CanadianRAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Code 31

Thanks for the previous postings about the error codes.

My check engine light had been going off and on intermittantly for the last year. After a couple trips to the mechanic to read the codes and for minor fixes it still is on, this last time it has not gone off for the last 3-4 months. After checking the codes myself I get an error 12 and 31.

12 - Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles
31 - Evap purge flow monitor failure or evap solenoid circuit

Any help with either of these as to what I need to do or have fixed would be appreciated!

Cheers

Old 05-27-2005, 03:32 PM
CanadianRAM
Default RE: Error Code 31

No takers? Hmmm

Old 11-04-2006, 08:14 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Default RE: Error Code 31

Sorry you never got an answer to such a simple question. I am new to this forum and stumbled on this. Well if you don't know by now, the bat disconnect will NOT cause your ck engine light. It is an advisory code only and only seen if you read your codes. It lets you know the bat was disconnected within so many key cycles. My intrepid always has this fault (if I read the codes because as I said, it will not cause the ck engine light). This leaves the code 31. This is an emissions component used to capture gas fumes that evaporate in you fuel system (gas tank primarily) and then burn them. It is a simple system that consists of a charcoal canister and some hoses. I won't go on any further unless you need info still. Let me know.
Kurt

Quick Reply: Error Code 31