2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

interior decor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default interior decor?

ok guys.. i know i post alot, but i have to ask this question cause i know yall love custom stuff...

i am going to be pulling the carpet in my truck as soon as it gets down here and i have three sheets of diamond plate... i want some opinion...

i want to make a mix of the linex roll on stuff and the diamond plate. but i odnt know if i should put the diamond plate on top and deal with the hassle of unbolting it when i want to rinse out the truck... or do i want to put the diamond plate down first.. blot it to the flor with some silicone to seat the floor from me drillin holes in it, and then just linexing over top of that... and having a diamond plate finish in the linex...

i ask because i am a true believer that to have diamond plate thats not polished is a sin... but this would look cool as hell... and not to mention, i get in the truck with muddy as wet boots, thats going to slide on the diamond plate like ice... and scratch the hell out of it as where the linex will cover all that... but not have to cool effect of diamond plate floor mats...

p.s. i am doing the whole rockers and maybe bed too...

also other things i want to do to the inside is to die the dash and head liner black... anyone gto any ideas on how much it would cost to re fiberglass the cranks in my dash and die it? or to die the head liner?

anyone know some ogod seat covers for these trucks? i want the black with red stitching the civic type r's have...

Old 12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
lord0fsal3m
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i dont know much about the diamond plate but at far as the headliner goes i would just pop that out and pull off the old material, go to a fabric store and get something black and just use an adhesive spray to put it on, its very simple i put crushed velvet on my headliner in my camaro, im considering doing something with my truck in the future.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, i recovered my headliner, but its falling cause i didnt do it right, a dash cover would probably be cheaper than fixing your dash, and you can just get it in black.....since our driver and passenger seats are essentially buckets, you can get bucket seat covers if you dont mind the middle being different

Old 12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a 72'' x 60'' sheet of mossy oak breakup fabric, and made a custom headliner, looks better than making it black imo. only cost $25 to make too

Old 12-22-2009, 12:47 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine was from walmart

Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt even think of that for the headliner... the mossy oak would love awesome but its not really in my colors to do mossy oak... the whole truck will be blck white and a red offset color... and i do like that head liner, i didnt even think to get a checkerd look....... like im getting my long arms painted red, my diff covers will be red, my leafs will be red leaf, white leaf, red leaf... all he way through... ll hand painted there... i know i shouldnt cause thats going to peal right off the minute i flex those springs.. but of well.. my cooils are skyjacker so they are red, my lights are all going to be red ( underglow if i do it) and the dash lights will be red, like i said, red stitched black cloth for the seats.... sony xplode rd subs... interior red glow lights.. all the green lights on the dash will be red... doom light will be red... and the truck should look good...

as for a dash cover... i dont know if it will stay in place with the jumping and **** my truck does... then how thick is the plastic one? anyone got one? and ill still havt to die the glove box and such...

but for seats, i dont want differnt ones... i think i will just bring my seats to an alterations shop and have them recoverd...

Last edited by meanwhitemopar; 12-22-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: interior decor?