2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Disable 96 Ram factory Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 PM
nighttrain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable 96 Ram factory Alarm

I don't use the truck much, long story short. Battery died and I only had 1 FOB that is dead. Used to keep the truck in valet mode. (My factory alarm has the little thing with the 2 buttons over the driver side heater vent). Now that I have replaced my battery, it is in alarm mode and I can't start the truck. I've been searching for a few hours. What I have come up with is that I need to bring the truck to the dealer to have them reprogram the FOB (which is expensive because I would have to tow it there). Does someone have a workaround or instruction on how to remove it altogether. I don't see how dodge could put a factory alarm in a car that would leave you stranded if your FOB crapped out.

Thanks for you time.

p.s. does it need to be a dodge scan tool or would say a Snap on one work?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
oiler
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try cycling the key from off to accesory while pushing the buttons several times. It may take several attempts to get the correct sequence, but it should work. I have to do it with mine if the batt is removed or if the auto door locks are set and I open it with the key. This works on aftermarket alarms as well. Though this will only keep the alarm at bay till the next time the batt. dies. Then you will have to do the key/button thing again.

Last edited by oiler; 12-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Disable 96 Ram factory Alarm