2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Have a little problem need your opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
hirschy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a little problem need your opinion.

I took My truck to one of the dealer(my uncles a autobody tech there) in town here to get my bumper replaced through autopac on Jan 14/10 and I picked it up today, and when I got part way home I noticed my windsheild is cracked on the passenger side just above the holy **** handle( I wasn't like that when I brought it in). soI head back to the dealer and talk to the manager and said that if theres a small chip and from the temp in the shop and them letting it sit outside that the temp made it crack, I'm like bullSh!t that little pen tip sized chip wasn't deep at all and shouldn't have cracked. and he said he wasn't replacing it and I'm like it wasn't like that when I brought it in and I'm NOT fixing it. hes like phone your insurance say theres a rock chip and it cracked and don't say it was at a dealer and I'll cover half of your deductible which is $100. I phone my dad as he's outta town to see what he says, well he says opsion 1) phone autopac and say the dealer did it when it was gettting fixed. opsion 2) talk to my uncle see if he knows for a better way to go about this. or opsion 3) cancel the payment on my credit card from the bumper($200) and say I'm not paying till my windsheilds fixed.

Any more Ideas to go about this?

Sorry for the rant.

Jeff

Old 01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

cancel payment.......thats what id do

Old 01-15-2010, 01:02 PM
hirschy
Veteran

I'm all for being an *** but wouldn't that some how affect my uncle if they found out.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by hirschy
I took My truck to one of the dealer(my uncles a autobody tech there) in town here to get my bumper replaced through autopac on Jan 14/10 and I picked it up today, and when I got part way home I noticed my windsheild is cracked on the passenger side just above the holy **** handle( I wasn't like that when I brought it in). soI head back to the dealer and talk to the manager and said that if theres a small chip and from the temp in the shop and them letting it sit outside that the temp made it crack, I'm like bullSh!t that little pen tip sized chip wasn't deep at all and shouldn't have cracked. and he said he wasn't replacing it and I'm like it wasn't like that when I brought it in and I'm NOT fixing it. hes like phone your insurance say theres a rock chip and it cracked and don't say it was at a dealer and I'll cover half of your deductible which is $100. I phone my dad as he's outta town to see what he says, well he says opsion 1) phone autopac and say the dealer did it when it was gettting fixed. opsion 2) talk to my uncle see if he knows for a better way to go about this. or opsion 3) cancel the payment on my credit card from the bumper($200) and say I'm not paying till my windsheilds fixed.

Any more Ideas to go about this?

Sorry for the rant.

Jeff
Jeff, you just admitted you had a pen cap sized chip in your windshield. The manager was not bull****ting you that the cold temp to hot temp constantly will make chips spiderweb. Don't try to push it onto someone else. Own up, and call your insurance and to get a replacement. The manager is a nice guy if he is offering you half the deductable as it is. He probably is only doing that because your uncle works there... butI wouldn't stir the pot, expecially if you like that uncle.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
hirschy
Veteran

There's just a crack I just looked at it. but ya thats what I'll probably end up doing.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, yea, if you had something there to begin with, you're done. Even pressures from wind while driving down the road can make them spiderweb out, and spray nozzles at the car wash can do the same as well.

If the glass was fine when you dropped it off, then I'd say you had a case, but you really don't. It's just bad luck that it started to spread while in their shop.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

ok thanks for bolding that peiece i gues i didnt relize you had a crack in there already...

like they've said your done...theres nothing you can really do....

Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FYI to all of you. When someone reports an accident and they have an open case, insurance company's look at these forums to solidify there case and use it against you. So with that being said, WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU ADMIT TO!!! I read many post like this and often see people admitting it was there fault, thinking that there smarter then that.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rookie

$50 for a new windsheild is NOT a bad price.............. most dealers would say 'sorry for your bad luck'. and it would be a bad spot to put your uncle in. go wit that.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J415
FYI to all of you. When someone reports an accident and they have an open case, insurance company's look at these forums to solidify there case and use it against you. So with that being said, WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU ADMIT TO!!! I read many post like this and often see people admitting it was there fault, thinking that there smarter then that.
Very true. Only blab about a wreck or an issue where you're fighting against someone if it is truly out of your hands. My little thread about my truck, I had no issues posting it up because I already know I'm the one at fault and it's cut and dry to a T.

Quick Reply: Have a little problem need your opinion.