2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thinking about getting.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Purpl is correct.

Not programming a PCM properly for your upgrades is like building a monster gaming PC, spending thousands of dollars, and then putting Windows 98 on it. Sure, the hardware is there, but you need the software (in the PCM, in this case) to take advantage of all that hardware, otherwise you will never see the machine's full potential.

If vehicles were all mechanics like they used to be, this wouldn't be so. However, they aren't. They are a fusion of electrical, mechanical, and electronics.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Chadlow21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I installed the Superchips, something went wrong and now my ABS light flashes. I had it scanned and it came back with codes 82 and 83. Set it back to stock and it stayed on. I am going to have to pay the dealer to reflash the pcm to get rid of the light. My ABS module makes a strange noise when I turn the key to the on position also. It almost sounds like it is burping air or something. It only does it once for about a second then I don't hear it again until the next start up. My Superchips is great as far as power, but I don;t like the risk of trying it again after I get rid of this glitch.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadlow21
When I installed the Superchips, something went wrong and now my ABS light flashes. I had it scanned and it came back with codes 82 and 83. Set it back to stock and it stayed on. I am going to have to pay the dealer to reflash the pcm to get rid of the light. My ABS module makes a strange noise when I turn the key to the on position also. It almost sounds like it is burping air or something. It only does it once for about a second then I don't hear it again until the next start up. My Superchips is great as far as power, but I don;t like the risk of trying it again after I get rid of this glitch.
Hey... Now were gettin some where

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting.....