2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Latest truck project (Not Dodge related)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty nice.. for a ferd lol

Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 PM
helms
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olyelr
Dang helms, thats one hell of a project right there. Looks like it turned out very well, congrats!

What was the reasoning for this project if you don't mind me asking? Just something to do? Sentimental value in the 'ol girl? I just cant imagine how dang much work went into that... not to mention time. How long did it take ya?

And what front axle is under that then, a TTB 44? Seams like using a solid 44 would have been a little easier... not to mention help save the front tires hahahahahha
The reason for the project is a little strange.

A friend of mine had a 95 Bronco XLT Laramie, but he wanted a truck (for obvious reasons). He tried looking for a full load 1/2 ton pick-up, but everyone wanted like $8000. His dad had the 93 2WD XL (no options except a 5.8L and Auto), so i suggested we make one good truck out of the two not-so-good trucks.

It took about a months worth of "after-work" work to complete the entire build, that includes tearing the Bronco down to the shell.

It turned out to be quite cost effective. The Bronco was worth almost nothing as a whole (very rusty) and had 325,000km on it (that is just over 200,000 miles).

I would estimate the Broncos worth at $1000.

The White truck was bough for $1500, and all the parts, paint, powdercoat, etc. was about $2000.

So when its all said and done, we have a 93 F-150 XLT Laramie, with a 6" lift, 35" tires and brand new steering, suspension, bushings, etc for around $4500.

As for the frontend. All the frames are the same wether its 2WD or 4WD, so the D44 TTB was a direct swap, I just painted it and replaced all the wearable parts. The only thing that required changing on the frame were the rear spring hangers (2WD use 2.5" springs and 4WD use 3" springs) and the front swaybar mounts.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:27 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dad has a 94 F250 with the N/A 7.3...what a turd

he changed the u-joint in that TTB front end several times....what a bastard to change....bad design

Quick Reply: Latest truck project (Not Dodge related)