2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cherrybomb glasspack question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default cherrybomb glasspack question

Any of you that are familiar with the newer rifled 'cheese grater' design, as opposed to the old mesh style, any idea what way would sound better? They say its reversible, and I found this pic on their site. I have mine on flowing the opposite way of the pic, as it seemed more free flowing, and I had no reference when I put it on.

I tried it their way first, it sounded pretty quiet but was also brand new, but I flipped it and clamped it on my way. I've had it on for months now and I've always wondered what it would sound like now that the glass is gettin burned out, I keep thinking about just tryin it but I wanted to know what you guys thought before I crawled under a dirty snowy wet truck

Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 AM
1fast2liter
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would still be quiter then reverse. even if the glass burns out a bit its still their

Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

well I'm wonderin if there is any truth to the whole 'high frequency sound' gettin absorbed by the muffler, or just a marketing thing.... Seems like if that's how it works, it would give it a deeper tone. Doesn't have to be any louder, just curious about what it would be like

Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dunno about glasspacks, i heard the aeroturbine3030 is like a glass pack but they have way better flow and sound and will always sound the same no packing , and there built too help amplify the sound of the cam too sound more beefy ...

i think will be running duels with 2 of them with my headers

Old 01-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

well I have a Gibson stainless steel dual in/dual out muffler in my basement, And it has the same type of design in the inside of it, but dual chambers that cross over each other. Was gonna put it on in the first place, but Since I only have a single in/single out setup for now, I went with the Cbomb. When I do duals I'll probably use the Gibson, but I'll be askin yas the same question about it down the road because it looks to be reversible as well

Old 01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
well I have a Gibson stainless steel dual in/dual out muffler in my basement, And it has the same type of design in the inside of it, but dual chambers that cross over each other. Was gonna put it on in the first place, but Since I only have a single in/single out setup for now, I went with the Cbomb. When I do duals I'll probably use the Gibson, but I'll be askin yas the same question about it down the road because it looks to be reversible as well
well if you decided to usw that di/do muffler let me know how it is i was thinking of doing that with the inner x muffer same thing but its a x pipe in a muffler

Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by lastrights
well if you decided to usw that di/do muffler let me know how it is i was thinking of doing that with the inner x muffer same thing but its a x pipe in a muffler
well before I put the cbomb on I was thinkin about takin it to a shop and makin a couple Y adapters for the ends of it, basically makin it a single in single out. Or even the single into it, then dual tailpipes. You guys know if that would be worth bothering with? God only knows when I would get around to doing true duals, maybe if I come across some headers cheap, but ?

Quick Reply: cherrybomb glasspack question