2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HIDs in ebay projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:52 PM
RAZRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIDs in ebay projector headlights

Before anyone jumps the gun and tells me to search...i just want to know if anyone has had any experience with putting in HIDs in the ebay projector headlights like the ones i have on my truck (see sig). I want to know if anyone has had any problems with the housing melting or if the HID bulb is too long to fit into the housing. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

there is a guy (homer somthing) that did it with our lights and the pics of light output where amazing...plus it still had the sharp cutoff so you wont blind others...

Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
RAZRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, well in that case ill go buy a kit off ebay.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the great thing is cause of our dual bulb setup you can just buy the H9 or h7 or whatever our bulbs are replacement hid setups and we still have the seperate highbeam bulb ....one warning though its not good to constantle turn the hid bulbs on and off like when switching from high to lows....every time you refire the bulb when its still hot it hurts the life of the bulb, just like home theater and business projectors or metal halide lights...now if you could wire them so they stay on even with the high beams that would be ideal...

Quick Reply: HIDs in ebay projector headlights