2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

running super rich and dont know y

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
i'm also not so sure about having the front 02 in only one pipe, since you're only monitoring one side of the engine.

This can't be good. An X or H pipe is what most use, and they weld the bung in the center of the X or H.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
rollin_coal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay so ur not understanding me i have the front o2 sensor in the header and th rear o2 sensor in the other pipe with the spacer the spacer is used to pull the rear o2 sensor out of the exhaust so it think there is a cat there the front o2 sensor is just to judge the fuel trim now the reason y my truck is running like crap is cause the front o2 sensor is bad witch is cause the engine to runnin stupidly rich and causing the other o2 sensor and map sensor to go hay wirer so i put true duals on cause i like loud and mufflers and cats suck so yeah no baby x or h pipe on my truck oh yeah and y would anybody buy a truck for good gas mileage thamk u for ur imput it was very helpful

Old 02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rollin_coal
okay so ur not understanding me i have the front o2 sensor in the header and th rear o2 sensor in the other pipe with the spacer the spacer is used to pull the rear o2 sensor out of the exhaust so it think there is a cat there the front o2 sensor is just to judge the fuel trim now the reason y my truck is running like crap is cause the front o2 sensor is bad witch is cause the engine to runnin stupidly rich and causing the other o2 sensor and map sensor to go hay wirer so i put true duals on cause i like loud and mufflers and cats suck so yeah no baby x or h pipe on my truck oh yeah and y would anybody buy a truck for good gas mileage thamk u for ur imput it was very helpful
They understand you? you have seperate exhaust for each side of the engine with no x pipe to equalize pressure.
Running that way without an x pipe to even things out actually can often have negative performance results..most dual setups still have an x pipe for this reason like in my vette..they told me it would hurt performance without it. same deal with vw exhausts that arent merged they run rough and lose power and are mostly just for show on buggies.. Plus you still are only getting readings from one side of the engine since the other sensor is basically bypassed...

Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
rollin_coal

i did it this way cause i like loud its way louder this way and has a nice cackle i dont really want performance all thou at my school we have a dyno and i did a before and after test i used to have magnaflow duals from when i bought the truck and the only difference from that set up to now is i agained 15 ft lbs of torque hp stay pretty much the same and i did this because i dont need a cat and i wanted long tubes with true duals

Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, i'll go with it.... let's see what happens with replacing front 02.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,its loud and you dont care about performance so I think its working just about right for you.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I concur.......
You got the LOUD, and don't care about performance, and didn't buy the truck for MPG's......

Wait this is a cummings and you get 5 MPGs????????

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH.......
I don't get it...........OH WELL........

EDIT so I re read the post you're sig shows a diesel but this is a gasser..

I still stand with the first 2 lines of my post and the 4th and the 5th and........nevermind....

Last edited by VEETEN; 02-01-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: AGGGGHHHHH
Old 02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

lets play nice.....

Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry I'll try

Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
rollin_coal

o own both ones my daily driver(cummins) my fast toy and the gasser is my mud and trail beast i sign up to talk about my cummins and find out some stff but this came up

Quick Reply: running super rich and dont know y