2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Blowing Fuses Like there birthday candles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
ZoomZoom24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blowing Fuses Like there birthday candles

Just started last night, i keep blowing the fuse for the dash panel lighting and the hvac lighting, i tried using a larger fuse but it still blows. The catch is, that it only blows when i turn my heat on. And ideas on what to trace or look for? i am not good with electrical stuff. and i rather deal with the headache trying to fix it then take it to a garage and have them take my money.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check your wiring!!! prolly frayed of rubbered a wiring bare... DO NOT USE A BIGGER FUSE YOU COULD START A FIRE!!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
yakkier
Banned

check the wiring connected to the ac switch, make sure it didnt melt togeather cause if the wires are exposed and touching it will blow fueses,and just as the previous post said DO NOT USE LARGER FUSES, theres a reason why they'er blowing. The bigger the fuse the more damage you're going to do to the wiring. trust me i used a piece of 14 guage groundwire for a temp fuse to make it home one night with my gmc, i had to replace the whole wiring harness because it tracked back to the main and melted a butload of wires that had nothing to do with the original problem. " it was a faulty cig lighter "

Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
codyselcamino
Professional

do you have an aftermarket radio? or any other electrical devises? they might a short in them, its prolly a frayed wire if i blows when the heat is on though

Quick Reply: Blowing Fuses Like there birthday candles