2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headlight crap, this company sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 PM
98ram318
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight crap, this company sucks

so i bought halo projector headlights from topgearautosport.com about 4 months ago, but when i put them in my truck wasnt on the road, and since i got them one of the little LEDs is out. i told the company about it and they have taken the most time ever to respond to me, and i would have to email them from different emails asking about something else just to get a responce. so they tell my they are sending me a new set, and they give me a return label and tell me when i get the new ones send back the olds. its been 3 weeks of asking "where are my headlights". they respond finally, we actually need your headlights back first. this would be fine if i hadnt hard wired them into the truck already, because that headlight clip, doesnt ground properly so highbeams dont really work. such garbage. so im super fired up about this and wondering how hard is it to just fix one of those stupid little LEDs. sometimes if you tap the headlight it comes on but most of the time it doesnt.
-Jake

Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like a connection problem. Get a new L.E.D. at RadioShack and solder it back in.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM
98ram318

ive heard its hard to solder an LED in... any tips on how seeing they are really small wires..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:27 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 98ram318
ive heard its hard to solder an LED in... any tips on how seeing they are really small wires..
Try calling around to electronic repair shop and see what they say on the difficulty of it. If your still not comfy with doing it see what they would charge you to do it.

Also check out this site. http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/198/1 LED replacement.
Came in handy for me whem i wanted to build IR receiver to control my PC with the remote from my VCR.

Dave

Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

if they are the same halos I have the highs as well as the lows actually dont work right because they come wired for a 9007 bulb setup and all the non sport rams have the 9004 setup for the 9004 bulbs...same plug but two of the wires need to be swapped....if you search you will find others like me that rewired them to work right if they are wired right only the outer bulbs should light when the lows are on and only the highs should work when highs are on... I bet when you put your highs on all four come on dim right? if not you may have different ones that are actually wired right......once they are wired right they work good...at least mine have since august...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 02-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 AM
98ram318

yeah i had that exact problem but i swapped the two wires around, and had to cut out the clip seeing it didnt work properly but the headlight part works great. its just that stupid LED thats out
I have these ones
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...headlights.jpg
also it says i cant use and HID bulb, whats the brightest i can put in thats non HID?
thanks guys

Quick Reply: headlight crap, this company sucks