2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Easy 00 sport bumper question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:24 AM
notanexit7
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is so many different configurations. i've got everything but power seats, keyless entry, and premium sound. from my understanding if you have the alarm system and the truck automatically locks when you put it in gear you have keyless entry, its all tied together.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 AM
bigtman07
Captain

I feel so out of place. I have the keyless and the awesome panic button but I don't believe I have a security system. But I dunno if I do for sure. I do know I miss the auto lock feature. That was a nice feature. Oh well.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have the keyless entry remote, and I have no idea if mine has keyless entry.... is there a way to tell? a module under the dash perhaps? maybe it doesn't have it but I wish it did...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Miami_Son
Banned

If you have the security system then you also have an overhead console. When you lock the doors with the key fob, a little red light in the overhead will blink. You can have keyless entry and still not have the security system, but not vice versa.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
If you have the security system then you also have an overhead console. When you lock the doors with the key fob, a little red light in the overhead will blink. You can have keyless entry and still not have the security system, but not vice versa.
Yes. But the overhead console was included in the Travel Convienence Group. You have the security system since you have that little L.E.D. in the overhead console.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Yes. But the overhead console was included in the Travel Convienence Group. You have the security system since you have that little L.E.D. in the overhead console.
Little dude, why do you keep arguing with me lately? Yes, you can have the overhead console and not have the security system, but you can't have the security system and not have the overhead console. Happy now?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Little dude, why do you keep arguing with me lately? Yes, you can have the overhead console and not have the security system, but you can't have the security system and not have the overhead console. Happy now?
I'm not arguing, I'm agreeing. Happy now?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
wermbang
Professional

Take the cover off the metal bumper.
Just use a little heat, just warmed up, not really direct heat and sort of "pop" the area into place by pushing on it, if warmed up enough should be plyable to do so. Rubber hammer too
If you have cracks get a soldering iron and "weld" the peices together. I had some extra peices that I used to help fill in the bigger gaps and to add strength to it. It is holding up so far, I did it last fall. The grill on the other hand did not, so I replaced with a non sport chrome one. Yes I know there is a gap, but it was only $15 and the emblem was $5.
Name:  Picture047.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  96.7 KB
Name:  Picture048.jpg
Size:  94.1 KB
Name:  Picture051.jpg
Size:  81.9 KB
Name:  Picture052.jpg
Size:  87.6 KB
Name:  Picture053.jpg
Size:  79.4 KB
Name:  100_2138.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  170.5 KB

Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
ramtastic00

My dent is from top to bottom in the middle of the bumper, right on the license plate. Do you think heat and a rubber hammer will bring that out.
What do you think about moving the plate up to cover the dent if it doesnt look perfect?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
wermbang
Professional

Do you have a pic of the dent?
You could probably do that if the dent doesn't come out. You will have to redo the license plate holder since it has a curve thing on the bottom I believe.

Quick Reply: Easy 00 sport bumper question