2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Used Lift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
quackaddict
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Lift Kits

What are you guys thoughts on used lift kits? A buddy of mine wants to sell me his Dick Cepek 6" Long Arm kit. It is about 4 years old. From what I read this is "the" kit. Especially with the long arm system. It is in good shape. The only thing I can think it may need is probably new shocks and some nuts and bolts. Kit goes for $1300 new I can get it for about 600 bucks less.

I have looked at other kits and I can definetly get one cheaper but they aren't long arm kits and this is supposed to be a good one.

Just never thought about a used kit any input?

From their website:
Fits: 94-01 Dodge 1500, Series II Lift Height: 6 Inches Vehicle Wheel Drive: 4 Wheel Drive Dodge designed their Ram trucks with a 4-link style front suspension for three reasons; travel, articulation and ride. Dick Cepek’s 6 inch Race Series II Suspension is the only system on the market to keep that same front suspension geometry while achieving massive suspension performance gains. A whopping 10 inches of front wheel travel out of a straight axle with a 43% increase in articulation along with a superior highway ride! The Race Series II has it all! Extended length 4-link arms, huge pivot brackets, Maxi-ride coils, body mount reinforcement brackets, double shock brackets and more! No other Dodge system even comes close! This system is not for everyone, just the hardcore enthusiast that demands the very best in on and offroad performance

Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Gav1n8
Veteran

Definately a good brand and everyone I've asked loves their long arms. I say get it. But I would try to talk him down atleast a 100 more, probly 200. I wold definately buy new shocks though, and replace all bolts that you can buy from a local hardware store.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
yakkier
Banned

I dont see why not, used is just as good as new aslong as all the bushings are in good condition and such, i'd go for it because you can always buy new shocks and bolts are really cheap.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya dude my buddy got a long arm 6in lift on a 95 reg cab short bed with 35's,,,, very nice ride,, probelmy the nicest rided in a lifted truck that i have had,,,rode like stock

Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as long as you get all parts and pieces, it'll be fine.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 PM
quackaddict
Veteran

Talked to him some more he is firm on the price but I think it is a fair price also it is the updated version with the dropped pitman arm not that funky idler arm set-up. Guy is going to buy my BFG's.

Now I either have to get 2 more mud grapplers (found a deal on 2 so I have them) or I know a guy with some used IROKS. Haven't decided which tire yet..............

Old 02-11-2010, 10:59 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by quackaddict
Talked to him some more he is firm on the price but I think it is a fair price also it is the updated version with the dropped pitman arm not that funky idler arm set-up. Guy is going to buy my BFG's.

Now I either have to get 2 more mud grapplers (found a deal on 2 so I have them) or I know a guy with some used IROKS. Haven't decided which tire yet..............
why don't y'all just trade trucks and save yourselves a lot of work.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM
zje400ex
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get two more nitto muds! I've been dieing to see a 2nd gen with those tires. Next time i buy tires i'm getting those!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:15 PM
yakkier
Banned

Nitto's cost way too much

Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by quackaddict
...it is the updated version with the dropped pitman arm not that funky idler arm set-up......
That was gonna be my question to you. Thats about the only bad thing I have heard about that kit, but it was only the early versions. That and the lower links are susceptible to getting bent if you rock crawl because they are too thin/weak to support the weight of the truck and they are easy to drag across things due to being so long.

That being said, if I had the cash to go buy a full out kit right now, that would be the one.

Quick Reply: Used Lift Kits