2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

old skool fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

8k, you could go buy an air compressor, a paint gun, paint, a good sander and some bondo. then when it gets warm you can start attacking the rust.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 PM
wake
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i had 8K sitting in the bank i wouldnt even think bondo..id actually use new metal

they make the new panels to replace the normal rust spots..thats just my opinion though

cause bondo can sometimes be a hit or miss...

mine over the right rear tire is cracking a lil cause i forgot to prime it before the winter hit...so now i gotta sand it a lil..re bondo it and prime and paint it..

at this right i might as well buy the panel replacement from LMC for like 40 bucks

Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
yakkier
Banned

i wish i could spend all 8k on the truck/tools but sadly we're filing for bankruptsy and thats gonna cost 3k to do it, then since i got laid off and havent started a new job yet we're gonna try and save some for atleast 2 or 3 house payments. So looks like imma be getting my plenum kit and my exhaust fixed " basicly junkyard pipes and a good used arch welder"

the body pannels imma try and find some with my matching paint that way i dont have to spend the coin on paint...

Iv found a few trucks with my color, " already got the hood" that has matching paint but the fenders are all ****ing rusty just like mine, and the Q pannels on the bed imma cut out and put on fender flares so they'er going to be a quick fix.

Man these times are tough and it's really hard to find the money to do what you truely want to do, iv got two kid's a house payment, car payment "wifes truck" insurance so on an so forth.

But only thing you can do is keep your head up and im hoping soon i can move back to florida and back to living on the farm and not have to deal with the bullsh!t taxes and city life here. Things are so freaking expensive here it sucks, but the economy in florida is extremely unstable and theres no job's for my line of work down there and i dont want to have to settle for a job at walmart or mc donalds just to see all that i'v worked for go down the drain.

Sorry for the book just trying to blow off some steam.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:17 AM
wake
Captain

i hear ya man

im in the same boat more or less

i owe my buddy 150 bucks
i owe the county/state 610 bucks (dont ask)
walmarts trying to settle out of court for 300 dollars
my truck still is broke and wont start..which is gonna take about 400 dollars in parts alone
not to mention i still cant find a job for the life of me..
theres a few other things but thats the jist of my situation

Quick Reply: old skool fog lights