2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm outta here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:47 PM
USAF90
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

miami, u know i was always jealous i never got the "welcome to DF" from you.. can you still do it pwease lol
and i always liked reading your posts, to me, or some one else. i always learned. im 19 yrs old. and you guys are probly 50 and been around the block 6 and a half times. so its always cool to see the theories and facts you throw out there. thanks man. only been here like 3 weeks and learned countless stuff from ya! hopefully you stick around a bit

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
97thumpinram

Sorry to see you go Rick, Ive been reading on this forum since I bout my truck a year and a half ago, and started getting kinda active more recently. Ive read probably every post on here, and I agree, some people might have thought you were harsh, but youd think adults could handle that. Never saw you ask more than what was reasonable from anyone. I wish you luck, and hope to find you on another forum someday, your an informative guy who knows his crap, a rarity anymore. But Good Bye for now.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no matter how we handle demodding someone, they are always pissed off. there is no "gentle" way to do it, and if we hurt your feelings, although I wasnt involved in making you a mod or demodding you, I will personally apologize.

Being a moderator is not for everyone. it was the consensus of the staff that some of your recent actions were not something that needed to be said/done by a member of the staff. hell, we get TONS of complaints about mods "doing their jobs" and in every case we go to the mod and say "you have to throttle it back". sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and when it does not we have to decide whether or not that person needs to be a mod here. also, the staff has to be able to work as a unit to some extent and when someone doesnt "fit" with the group it does more harm than good.

miami, again I apologize that you feel you were mistreated but in the long run when we remove someone from a mod position there are ALWAYS sour grapes. people always, always feel slighted by being removed and there is never an easy way out of it. i imagine that like most demodded members you will come back and tell me that im a worthless piece of **** and honestly, im used to that because when running 40+ forums and regularly demodding people, I hear it often.

Just because you didnt work out as a mod is not a reason, in my opinion, for you to leave the forum but if you decide to do so, I thank you for your time spent here and hope the best for you and yours in the future. Sorry that it had to end like this but unfortunately it usually does.

that being said, onto a different topic. if i catch members bashing new members for asking stupid questions, I will ban you for at least a week. period. we were all new members once and we all asked questions that "everyone knew" at some point. the point of this forum is to help people work on/mod their vehicles and everyone starts somewhere. being complete ********* to someone who just bought their first new ram and they dont know anything about them...what good does that do? it just makes you look like an *******. im aware that we have quite a few members here that are ok with being ******** but its not ok with me and if i see people doing anything to put down new members because they simply dont know something, ill ban you myself. thats why they are here..to learn. not to be told to "use the search" or listen to comments about how some people are sick of answering the same question over and over. there are always going to be those same questions over and over...if you dont like answering those questions and helping other dodge owners, then leave.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Totally agree Pat.

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Since you're calling me a liar, I will respond with the actual truth. I was advised once by Pyro shortly after I was made a mod that I was being too aggressive. I complied. Back in November I heard from Hammer that there were some complaints and again I pulled back. That was the last I heard of anything officially from anyone and the total extent of any so-called "discussions."

Yesterday morning I was very active in the forum answering questions and beaming about my recent new tires and wheels purchase. I went away for an hour or so and when I got back there was a PM from Hammer that my mod powers had been taken away and he had already posted in 2nd Gen that I had been replaced. I was given no warning it was going to happen, and no chance to make a gracious exit on my own and step down voluntarily. I was basically hung out to dry for all to see. No one cared if they were going to embarass me, in fact, I think that's exactly what was wanted. That was despicable.

So spin it any way you want to. The fact remains that you guys handled this like a bunch of jerks and if you are now looking like it to the rest of the forum members, you deserve it.
What about the truth that just a few days ago, you did another mod move that was pretty rude... there was a discussion after that in that thread and else where. There have been other discussions like that.

Maybe it wasn't handled correctly, but no one wanted to embarrass you. We didn't announce "Miami is done" or anything like that. Please don't be mad at the whole staff. It's no reason to leave. I might have stepped up and said something to you, but even I didn't have a part in "relieving" you.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 AM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strat, while I wasn't happy about being "demoded," the majority of my displeasure is with how it was handled. Despite your mea culpa, there is a gentle way to do it. Had someone come to me in advance and told me about the decision, I could have gracefully told the forum without being made to look like an ***. I could have easily said I was stepping down voluntarily for one personal reason or another instead of how it was done, which was basically a firing squad in open public. I was denied the ability to save face and not be made a fool of.

I admit that since my dad's death last month I might have been a little testy, but did anyone stop to consider that? I know you all knew about it because we discussed it in the Mod's Forum, remember? And I was never rude to any newbie unless asking them to fill out their profile info or advising them about the search function is considered rude. In all the other forums I mod in they know that while newbs keep the numbers up and please advertisers, unless you keep a core group of regulars interested in coming back, the forum dies or goes stale. For the past 6 months that I've been modding 2nd Gen Ram has been one of the most active forums on DF. Not just because of my efforts, but because there is a camaraderie here that is exhibited by the overwhelming responses you see in this very thread. When the regulars get tired of seeing the same type of behavior from newb after newb, and the same tired subjects being asked about, they lose interest. These are the people that need to stay interested because they are often the ones best capable of answering the questions that newbs have. And when you have a bunch of Stickies and a FAQ subforum with answers to many of the routine questions, what is wrong with expecting them to at least take a look at them first?

I'm tired of having to defend myself. Nothing you or anyone else in charge says will make me feel better about the way this was handled or change the fact that it was a crude and cowardly way to do it. I've never had any issues with you and I do appreciate you taking the time to try and explain, but nothing will change the ugly reality of the situation. It didn't need to go this way.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate the "kind" words said about me elsewhere... and how I had everything to do with this... When the TRUTH is that a group of high up mods and admin made this decision... WITHOUT me... completely...

Just because I stood up and said what everyone else was thinking, doesn't mean I demodded you. Way to jump to conclusions. I kinda felt sorry for you... a liiiiiiittttlllleee bit, but not after I read what was said about me. It was the perfect example of why you got demodded. Say what you want over the internet. I won't resort to the childish name calling like you.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 02-21-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Miami_Son is no longer a moderator of the 2nd Gen Ram section.

It has been decided to make JasonW your new moderator. He will be sharing duties with the venerable, old, grizzled Silver_Dodge.

Please join me in welcoming Jason as the newest member of the most aggravating, underpaying jobs on the internet...

Now I would like to know what in that post welcoming Jason was so offensive to you? Did I say we chose to de-mod you?

Maybe I coulda handled it a little better as to not heart your feelings, just as you've tried so painstakingly to not hurt the feelings of any newbies who made the unfortunate mistake of asking for help in your section.

I had no idea you were such a sensitive guy. I whole heartily apologize...

Oh and btw, this post was made by me a good 2 hours after I PMd you with our decision and I confirmed you read it....

Last edited by HammerZ71; 02-21-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight
Totally agree Pat.

What about the truth that just a few days ago, you did another mod move that was pretty rude... there was a discussion after that in that thread and else where. There have been other discussions like that.

Maybe it wasn't handled correctly, but no one wanted to embarrass you. We didn't announce "Miami is done" or anything like that. Please don't be mad at the whole staff. It's no reason to leave. I might have stepped up and said something to you, but even I didn't have a part in "relieving" you.
Let's talk about that "mod move," shall we? I closed a thread that was not only off topic, but about a competing vehicle brand. How rude is it to come into a place named Dodge Forum looking for help with your Ford? On a comparative level, I think most would say the poster's rudeness surpassed mine. My concern with the thread was not only that it had no place being here, but that it would quickly escalate into a flamefest for exactly the reason I found it inappropriate. The 2nd Gen Ram owners are a pretty faithful and fervent bunch and someone was bound to take issue with it. I didn't think to move it to the Off ZTopic forum because, again, as this is Dodge Forum I didn't think it was appropriate anywhere on here. So, who is more rude, the guy who starts a thread on his Ford in Dodge Forum instead of on one of the many available Ford forums easily found with google, or the mod who took issue with it?

That thread is a perfect example of the misguided thinking some of you admins have. You think it is better to appease one wayward member with little common sense rather than risk alienating him. I didn't, because the hundreds of other members who make up this great forum deserve better. They know this is Dodge Forum, the "Dodge Enthusiast Community," not Ford or Chevy Forum. Some of you appear to have forgotten that in favor of just adding more warm bodies to the mix. That mentality does a disservice to everyone that invests their time into these forums.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:45 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had someone come to me in advance and told me about the decision, I could have gracefully told the forum without being made to look like an ***. I could have easily said I was stepping down voluntarily for one personal reason or another instead of how it was done, which was basically a firing squad in open public. I was denied the ability to save face and not be made a fool of.

how did this make you look like a butt?

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Miami_Son is no longer a moderator of the 2nd Gen Ram section.

It has been decided to make JasonW your new moderator. He will be sharing duties with the venerable, old, grizzled Silver_Dodge.

Please join me in welcoming Jason as the newest member of the most aggravating, underpaying jobs on the internet...

you would rather have lied to us also?

I could have easily said I was stepping down voluntarily for one personal reason or another instead of how it was done, which was basically a firing squad in open public. I was denied the ability to save face and not be made a fool of.

Quick Reply: I'm outta here!