2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

oem transducer/solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 AM
chiana4477
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question oem transducer/solenoid

I have a 1999 ram 1500 and believe the transducer and solenoid need replacing. Have pretty much figured this out by searching this forum. She does not want to kickdown around 3rd gear, will rpm up around 3100 and I have to shut her down and restart. My tranny guy agreed it is most likely the transducer/solenoid and he said it is a easy swap out for my husband to do (found the DIY on here THANKS!!).

Now the problem of finding the RIGHT parts. My tranny guy said to stay with OEM parts as the '99 46re trannies used two different kinds, one w/ electronic lock out and one w/o the lock out, so I called the dealer and she looked up my VIN and gave me the parts numbers for the exact parts on my truck. There in lies the issue, who do you guys recommend getting the parts from?? Dodgepartsonline.net has them both for under $200 and the OEM parts numbers match. Anyone else?? Found a set on Ebay for $140, I am going to email to see if they are OEM.

Any help would be appreciated as I live in the sticks, only have one running vehicle and have a 50 round trip commute to work, so I want to get this done ASAP before the tranny starts getting worse. THANKS!!!

BTW, we will have to reset the PCM after putting in these parts, correct??

Old 02-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to replace a shift solenoid and a TCC solenoid in my wifes Blazer about a year ago, I found the cheapest place was at one of our local transmission shops. They know waaayy more about trannys than a dealer or anyone else ever would...

btw, by 'local' I mean that I too have to drive about 45 mins to our 'big' city around here, Fredericton, so I know what it's like

Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
jbomb
Veteran

between my bro dad and I we have rebuilt all of our mopar trannys. 727 behind 440's 904's behind 11 second smallblocks and a couple 46re's and now soon a 47re behind a 700+ ftlbs. cummins... We are no experts by any means. But will all our dealings we will never again get our parts or rely on advice from almost anywhere but A and A transmission.Hands down the best place to deal with. These guys are great. and know there stuff. Call patric there tell him the 408 96 ram guy from michigan sent you.(he just sent me a tc)

Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 PM
chiana4477

I had to get the parts from a local dealer, time is really not on my side, so it's $220 and hubby will install them tomorrow along with new filter and gasket (fluid is still new). I printed the DIY on here so it's easier for him, as long as he doesn't have to deal with the valve body he is good. Relearn the PCM and she should be good to go. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: oem transducer/solenoid