2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

overdrive issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meanwhitemopar
yea i know... if this one is truely bad... im going to buy two rebuild kits.. a 46re, and a 47re rebuild... and just have the trans shop rebuild it for me....
Why two kits? Its the same stuff. The hard parts are what gets swapped. For your truck an upgraded planitary and a high capacity front drum would be nice. A good torque converter and a shift kit are a must. There is a sonnax low/reverse servo that has been recommended on here along with a higher ratio band apply lever.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

because some 47re parts ( 47re being the cummins auto and the V10 auto, holds more power and abuse) can be interchanged with a 46re... but not all of them, it already has a light shift kit in it, a trans cooler from a 3500, and a south bend clutch lock up converter... so i got most of the parts you named... it just the company is i guess not to good at assembly, cause the last trans they gave me had a few nut and bolts that wernt tight... so it all exploded inside...

Quick Reply: overdrive issue