2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

couple pics from my drive today

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default couple pics from my drive today

Thought I'd try to find some mud today, it's been really warm lately and the white stuff is starting to melt. I went out through an old dirt road up from my place, but no real mud yet...

here's a couple pics anyways

Couple extra pics of the truck with one of my dad's trucks. We went to look at it and bought it exactly 1 year from the day we went to look at and buy my dodge, on new year's eve. This is truck #4 for him, and I'll be drivin it in a few months

Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet rides dude. So you goin for your CDL??? What is that a western star??

Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM
wake
Captain

yeah thats a Western Star..W on the grill is a dead giveaway

how do you like those head light covers? make a big difference good or bad? i was considering getting them..but idk

Old 02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
bigtman07
Captain

That's what I thought but was just makin sure lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM
yakkier
Banned

God i miss drivin a logging truck, my family did alot of logging while i was growing up untill the market kinda went tank and we sold off the trucks and equipment and got a nice lil penny for the tember land.

I havent seen a dirt road in ages, nothing but freeway's and pavement here. Yuck, But hey the truck looks awesome you just need to get those ram air functional

Old 02-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here's the other 2 trucks.... ya he's a big Western Star fan....plus he has an older International with a pulp loader on it, 3 log trailers, and 2 dump trailers. And wantin more lol...

I'm goin for my class 1 licence, been studyin the damned air brake book.... I know most of the stuff I need to know for the tests but a little reading goes a long way....

Wake, I love the headlight covers, only had them for a few weeks though. As far as difference goes, they are good for looks, but baaaad for night driving. I can hardly tell I have the headlights on with them. I gotta take em off at night, unless I'm just goin somewhere handy, or have the opportunity to switch on the rollbar lights hehe....

Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 PM
mbrinegar57
Rookie

nice pics looks about like it does around here. snow and mud

Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 PM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran

YOu got logging trucks and can't find a good logging road? there is bound to be mud there. That road is not worth getting the truck dirtty for.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 PM
yakkier
Banned

Dirt freezes about 14 inches down man, only mud you get is from wash off from the snow. Alot of northern loggers love winter because they can get deeper in the wood's with the roads when normally in spring and summer it's too soft to get in with the trucks.

Mud is basicly a logging trucks worst enemy

Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 AM
lord0fsal3m
Captain

nice picks, i have those light cover also and i agree, they look decent but are aweful at night, i can use my fogs and additional driving lights i added in the bumper for short distances at night but for anything else i take them off. but ill warn you be extremely carful taking them off especially when cold, i cracked one and broke a tab off of it, it still holds on but they dont hold up well being pulled off all the time so i dont put them on much anymore

Quick Reply: couple pics from my drive today