2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

multipule issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HATE TRANSMISSIONS! the one thing in a vehicle, i dont know any substantial info on...

thats what i told them when i took it for a ride, i know my truck like no onther... so i told them,,, the trans linkage needs to be adjusted... but will that being messed up, keep it from going into overdrvie?

the truck runnin rough is probably just some moisture,,, it got better as i drove... keep in mind the truck sat in a shop for about a month, so i dont dought it... but the vac lines are all hooked and good... i checked that myself...

Old 02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i take it somewhere else to have the bands/linkage adjusted IMO

Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude my truck sat for over a year outside in ran and snow with no coolers hooked up and no motor attached to the trans. I also hosed the engine bay down and sprayed the hell outta everything including the tranny. I didn't have any problems at all. I don't see moisture being an issue. They didn't do something right

Old 02-26-2010, 10:00 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

thats what im figureing... but the only thing thats tellin me it is just something in the motor,,, you put the truck in park, or neutral, and it still does it....

and the tc i have no idea if it was changed, i know the one i had was brand new, and they either used that same one or gave me another new one.... i dont know,

but i cant really take it anywhere else cause all the work thats being done is warrentte work, and i dont have the money to have them do it out of my pocket

Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's the case then i would get the transmission back and have it " fall off a truck " and break the freaking thing into a million pieces and then maybe they will give you a new one.

Or just simply say if they dont get it fixed you want your money back and if they tell you to **** off then mention a lawyer.

Transmission/engine's will raise an eyebrow in court because they are a higher ticket item, parts wont get you anywhere though.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Just do neutral drops until the tranny explodes.. They might replace then.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 PM
yakkier
Banned

Doubt it they would just drop some more gear's in it and hand it back to him

Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well this is the thing.... i put the reman in, and it blew, stuck in first, so i brought it to them... and they gave me another one... and now these problems... so this is the thrid trans, i may be getting a forht..

Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

This is why i dont like to bring my stuff to a shop , Because it seems to me that they could do a little tweak here a little tweak there on your vehicle and then they give you the runaround and have a repeat customer throwing more money at it, not saying all shops are like that but im sure it happens.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 PM
yakkier
Banned

Happens all the time in the cities here, people are evil to the bone. Thats all im gonna say about that

Quick Reply: multipule issues...