2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tail shaft/Over Drive unit interchange info

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tail shaft/Over Drive unit interchange info

So here's my problem I'm hoping to get help with. I have a rear wheel drive automatic tranny that I'm rebuilding and the original O.D. unit is pretty much shot. I'm going to the bone yard tomorrow and need to know what truck or SUV besides my 97 ram 1500 I can take an O.D. unit from. As always, any help is appreciated.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99 -00 durango's and should be able to use some out of the ram van's just ask the people at the counter to look up the year and transmission type and match them up. I actually hard a real hard time finding some parts for my 1st gen once and ended up using half the parts from a 91 dodge van.

Edit: an easy way to check and see if your transmission's are the same is take a snap shot of your tranny oil pan and match up the transmission's that way. Different model trannys have different bolt patterns

Quick Reply: Tail shaft/Over Drive unit interchange info