2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

50mm Throttle Body on eBay...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:18 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
I know there is a member on here that has been looking to sell his stock tb for a long time now. I can't think of his name but if I find it I'll post back.

I know ebay sells stock tb's they are 55 bucks (give or take.)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-99...Q5fAccessories
That's the problem I'm having now trying to buy stock ones. When I started this a little over a year ago, I was able to buy them for $15-$20 shipped and now for some reason, people and salvage yards think they are made of gold...wanting $50-$100 each!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:25 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just read the whole thread haha woulda answered both my questions so if i shipped you mine it'd be $75 shipped back if i read right?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
alright i'm gonna give it some thought i don't want to lose anymore low end because it tends to bog a little because of my exhaust and intake and i can't afford to run the superchips on premium all the time to fix that a little so once i can scrape up the cash and decide i'll let you know...if you don't have any 4.7 tb's when i decide what do you think the turn around would be if i would send you mine...when im at school i don't have to drive it that much so i could probably go without it for a week or so...i'll pm you once i figure out my financial situation haha those things look so sexy and i've been wanting to get one thats bored for so long
You are spot on about the low end power. The 65mm is going to give you more bottom end and the 68mm will be more top end. A guy on another site used a 65mm on his '02 model truck because he does a lot of towing. The 65mm actually out performed the 68mm with bottom end torque.

I was able to purchase 2 of the '99-'00 65mm and 1 of the '03-'07 68mm today. They are supposed to be shipped tomorrow and I look for them to arrive on Monday. LMK if you want one of these and I'll reserve one for you.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

just read the whole thread haha woulda answered both my questions so if i shipped you mine it'd be $75 shipped back if i read right?
That is correct.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These guys might be worth a call to see if you can get used throttle bodies.
I don't know how much they would want, but the junk yard is devoted to Dodge trucks.
http://www.mintonmotorsinc.com/index.html

Old 03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
You are spot on about the low end power. The 65mm is going to give you more bottom end and the 68mm will be more top end. A guy on another site used a 65mm on his '02 model truck because he does a lot of towing. The 65mm actually out performed the 68mm with bottom end torque.

I was able to purchase 2 of the '99-'00 65mm and 1 of the '03-'07 68mm today. They are supposed to be shipped tomorrow and I look for them to arrive on Monday. LMK if you want one of these and I'll reserve one for you.
alright thanks a lot man i will be home tomorrow for my spring break so i'll see where i'm at financially and let you know asap if not i'll ship mine out then sometime if someone buys those before i can figure things out.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:54 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
These guys might be worth a call to see if you can get used throttle bodies.
I don't know how much they would want, but the junk yard is devoted to Dodge trucks.
http://www.mintonmotorsinc.com/index.html
Thanks for the link, but I just gave him a call and he's like the rest...think it's made of gold!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

alright thanks a lot man i will be home tomorrow for my spring break so i'll see where i'm at financially and let you know asap if not i'll ship mine out then sometime if someone buys those before i can figure things out.
LMK and we'll work it out.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Activate
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for 54 mm for my 98 410 with kenne bell supercharger.

Can you deliver them to?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik

Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Activate
I am looking for 54 mm for my 98 410 with kenne bell supercharger.

Can you deliver them to?

Thanks and greetings,

Erik
Sorry, 50mm is as large as I go and these are for a basically stock engine. I leave the larger TB's to the other guys.

Quick Reply: 50mm Throttle Body on eBay...