2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

coolant in the oil help help help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:04 PM
bigtigga
|
Unhappy coolant in the oil help help help

I have had a problem with my 95 ram 1500 with the 5.9 well i was driving to work one day and my truck shut off on me and wouldnt start back up so i left it there and came back 2 days later aand fired up but when i started it it sounded like a ton of marbles in the motor so i finally got around to work on it today and started out by draing the oil and didnt see any metal in the oil so i pulled the pan off and had metal shavings in it not small ones either also i looked at the oil and it had coolant in it i am to the point where i am about to sell it as it is i need all the help i can get from you dodge guys on here thank you

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:09 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker

What are you asking? Your motor is junk, at minimum you have a cracked head. How often do you check the oil? It sounds like you ran it with coolant in the oil and it threw a rod or destroyed the lower end bearings.

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:13 PM
bigtigga
|

well that just makes my day and i just changed the oil in the truck 2 weeks ago and put a new radiator in the truck also

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:18 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator

No offense to you, bigtigga, but more people on here would probably help you if you used some punctuation and complete sentences. We're by no means asking for perfection, but just an attempt at proper grammar, so that its not painful to read your posts.

Welcome to DF!

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:23 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

is it possible for rod bearings to break off? That would explain why you hear rattleing. the rods are hitting the crankshaft.

I have only heard of that marbles and clunking when a guy put pistons on his honda and forgot to put rod bearings back on.

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:28 PM
bigtigga
|

that i do not know. i have no way of telling or how to check. i am so pissed with this truck and wanna just get rid of it now.

Old 03-09-2010 | 11:39 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

If you have any junk yards around the area you could drop in a used engine. Thats what id do in that situation. But either way, that engine is done man. Id just replace it with a junk yard engine if posible.

Quick Reply: coolant in the oil help help help