2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

it was a beautiful sunny day

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 AM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good dude

Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Nice, I was looking into brush guards, the lights on my bumper just don't do the job when on these Michigan wooded trails. Plus my mirrors keep getting turned in by tree branches. (That's a whole different story) But I'm thinking 4- 6inch Hellas on a brush guard. hmmm
I know exactly what you mean about the mirrors getting turned in, not too long ago I went down a trail and it had sugarcane on the sides of it and every little piece that stuck out a little knocked my mirrors back I was driving and fixing my side every 30 seconds and my friend with me gave up

And I think the lights look better a little closer in wake

Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
yakkier
Banned

Red download yahoo messenger and come talk to me, im bored outta my freakin mind and im here at the office untill around 5 tonight!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice S-10.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Talking

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
I know exactly what you mean about the mirrors getting turned in, not too long ago I went down a trail and it had sugarcane on the sides of it and every little piece that stuck out a little knocked my mirrors back I was driving and fixing my side every 30 seconds and my friend with me gave up

And I think the lights look better a little closer in wake
Yeah, try not having anyone in the passenger seat. I had to backdown a trail I accidentally ended up on, took me WAY to long because of all the stopping, re-adjusting, and cussing. I think I scared off all the whitetail for a few years...

Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
yakkier
Banned

Mine have rubber locks right around the arm that mounts to the body, you REALLY gotta put some force on it to move it. IE i was downtown minneapolis the other day and a guy was riding his bike through the middle of traffic and he clipped my drivers side mirror and it knocked him off his bike and tore his shirt...

it barely even budged and he was moving pretty fast.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by yakkier
Mine have rubber locks right around the arm that mounts to the body, you REALLY gotta put some force on it to move it. IE i was downtown minneapolis the other day and a guy was riding his bike through the middle of traffic and he clipped my drivers side mirror and it knocked him off his bike and tore his shirt...

it barely even budged and he was moving pretty fast.
Never seen those before... Got a picture of it? Not the bloody cyclist, nobody cares about him. LOL

Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
wake
Captain

thanks guys

redheadhunter21~ i think it says it in my OP but the wholes that these lights are mounted in are original drilled from the factory..(into the steel bumper) dont ask me what these wholes where inteded for..they were covered by the plastic piece that goes around the bottom of the bumper...so they went on with ease..only reason they are where they are...i kinda like em there..even though i wanted them a little closer towards the center of the truck

Purple~ i figured you would say that..had it since new bone stock 99 2.2L 5 speed 119K...been the best damn little truck ive ever seen..IIRC its dads 6th s10...

Yak~ i bet you you laughed your *** off when he hit your mirror...mine move a little..but no more than a few inches

Old 03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
yakkier
Banned

Yep i'll take some pics tonight when i get back in the garage.

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Never seen those before... Got a picture of it? Not the bloody cyclist, nobody cares about him. LOL
And yes i laughed and pointed at him and said he was a stupid lil mother****er cause the bike riders will do it on purpose. They'er not supposed to ride down the middle theres a freaking bike lane on either side of the street next to the sidewalk but they do the crap anyways.

so yes it was a nice little payback, and the guy next to me was in a convertable and was ****ing clapping and laughin till he teared up. The guy on the bike was pissed off and picked up his bike and walked it up to the curb while yelling at people in traffic who were honking at him when the light changed to green

Originally Posted by wake
thanks guys

redheadhunter21~ i think it says it in my OP but the wholes that these lights are mounted in are original drilled from the factory..(into the steel bumper) dont ask me what these wholes where inteded for..they were covered by the plastic piece that goes around the bottom of the bumper...so they went on with ease..only reason they are where they are...i kinda like em there..even though i wanted them a little closer towards the center of the truck

Purple~ i figured you would say that..had it since new bone stock 99 2.2L 5 speed 119K...been the best damn little truck ive ever seen..IIRC its dads 6th s10...

Yak~ i bet you you laughed your *** off when he hit your mirror...mine move a little..but no more than a few inches

Last edited by yakkier; 03-25-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by wake
thanks guys

I want to bet those holes are for the air dam. I removed mine and I'm pretty sure they are bolted to the bottom of the steel bumper. Just a guess. Those air dams are ugly anyways.

Quick Reply: it was a beautiful sunny day