2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas Mileage...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
chromyelow1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Mileage...

I drive an 01 1500 v6 reg cab ram, Well this weekend my girl and i took a lil cruise from south texas to Corpus christi, well i filled up my gas tank and reset the counter. Well we drove from point A to point B and only used 1/4 tank of fuel and when it was time to come home we had driven 227 miles before my gauge marked half a tank. Is this normal, i though it was great! My truck is stock other than a Speed by spector drop in filter and a borla exuast muffler. what is the other v6'rs getting on the highway?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off welcome to DF if no one has welcomed you already.

Second it's a v6 man believe it or not they dont get that bad of gas milage even though it's pulling a heavy truck. i get around 210 a tank if im lucky. Also depends since it looks like you might have been doing alot of interstate driving your gas milage will go up a lil more than it would say in stop an go city traffic.

I drove mine from my house here in burnsville mn to my buddys house in elsworth wisconsin which is around 2 hours of driving, i did mostly freeway there and got there on a half a tank. With no traffic and on the way back i had filled up before i left his area and by the time i got home i had burned up over 3/4 of a tank. All because on the way back i was driving in stop an go traffic and that eats up ALOT of gas.

Also bad as hell on the transmission and brakes.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage...