2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Would you recommend all these "kits" for my plenum repair?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 12:25 AM
Whaack
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Then all you need is the intake gaskets and bolts.
Gaskets:
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50022+2022009

And the Mopar TTY intake manifold bolts:
6035967AA Intake Manifold bolts - $17.28
That link looks like it has the plenum gasket too in addition to the intake manifold gaskets, is that correct? Really I just need the intake manifold gaskets with the TTY bolts right? Sorry for all the questions.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 AM
lblair04
Veteran

You need the plenum gasket. The problem with the factory plenum was the steel plate on aluminum intake...not the gasket. You also need the 15 (?) bolts for the plenum plate...not sure if APS sends them with the plate.

You also should replace the o-rings on the fuel injectors, if you take them out.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Whaack
Rookie

Originally Posted by lblair04
You need the plenum gasket. The problem with the factory plenum was the steel plate on aluminum intake...not the gasket. You also need the 15 (?) bolts for the plenum plate...not sure if APS sends them with the plate.

You also should replace the o-rings on the fuel injectors, if you take them out.
The APS kit comes with the plate, plenum gasket, and bolts. I figured I would do the intake manifold gaskets too while I am in there. From what Purpl is saying I can pick up the manifold gaskets at NAPA with the bolts too for cheaper than the kit that Hughes has available at this link....

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...5&partid=23039

Old 04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
lblair04
Veteran

Replacing the intake manifold gaskets is a must!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the kit from hughes and it came with the plate,plenum gasket, plenum bolts, intake bolts and intake gaskets. but i have been told not to use the gaskets that came with it is it ok if I use them?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Whaack
Rookie

Well I am all set to go. I have a fun little project coming my way this weekend. I am going to start praying now that it goes well!

I went with the APS Plenum Kit which includes the plate, plenum gasket, and new bolts.

Then I went with the NAPA Auto Intake Manifold gaskets, new secondary wires, distributor, and new plugs.

To be honest I am secretly looking forward to getting to know my truck on a more personal level, I just hope she behaves this weekend. Wish me luck!

PS- No pressure Purpl but without your DIY writeup and I going to be pissing in the dark!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

PS- No pressure Purpl but without your DIY writeup and I going to be pissing in the dark!
I pissed in the wind when I did mine....Now hear her run.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
contractorben
Rookie

Why is the hughes kit cost so much more than the APS one? Is it better or is a name deal. It seems that more people seem to go with the hughes kit. Why??

Quick Reply: Would you recommend all these "kits" for my plenum repair?