2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front end issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
rmyzfr6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end issue

Got a 99 1500 . Serious vibration in front end. All steering components are tight as a drum. New steering box new shocks tires are kind of cupped a bit. But the front end feels like the tires are going to come right off the truck, it does this from 5 mph to 70 mph and comes and goes on its own. The wheel bearings and ball joints are also in good condition. I just bought this truck and i am new to dodge. Any help would b greatly appreciated

Old 04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Trac bar look up death wobble , and check out this vid in slow motion at the very bottom http://thurenfabrication.com/misc.html

Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 PM
rmyzfr6

The bar itself is ****ed up or does it just need bushings changed

Old 04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Usually if its stock the ball joint end is shot. When you take it off, well atleast on mine the ball joint end just flopped around like a limp dick. Even when you buy some cheap new ones the end is a little loose, so i said EF all that and paid and got don thurens bar, spendy but well built and beats replacing stockers all the time. plus its rebuildable. Dont know if this your prob , check out some vids on youtube for deathwobble, but sounds like it

Old 04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
rmyzfr6

def. sounds like my problem i even noticed a litle play in that ball end today but thot nothingn of it. i did watch the video and cant belive that bar is responsible... thanks for your in put

Quick Reply: front end issue