2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger Window Knocked Out of Line

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Pstiles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Window Knocked Out of Line

Hey guys, I got in a wreck the other day and was tee boned in the back right side of my truck. When I tried to roll up the passenger window it comes up crooked. I managed to use my hands and gently get it up far enough to where someone couldn't get in, but it is still crooked. Is this an easy fix? Not sure how to get the door panel off, and I don't have any tools on me. Thanks for any help!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
xxxcowxboyxxx
All Star

the door panel is held on by a few screws and simple push tabs. prob broke some clips in there, take the panel off and do some investigating. shouldnt be too hard of a fix

Old 04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Same thing happened to me. The regulator has 2 little plastic wheels that push the window track up and down. You'll see what I am talking about when you get in there. One of my plastic wheels cracked in half and caused my window to do the same thing yours is doing. I actually made a brand new wheel out of plastic on a grinder, as close to circular as possible, and then pressed it on. 2 years later and its still going up and down nicely!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Pstiles
Default window jam

thanks for the help, do u know any secrets on getting the panel off? Can I get it off pretty easily with my hands or would I need something to pry it off?
Thanks

Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

I believe the 2001 door panels are the same as mine, if they are, you will need to remove the single screw up by the mirror, the two screws that old the little black plastic pocket, and then youll need a flat head screw driver to get the panel started, after that, it will come off pretty easy but you will have to use a little force if it hasn't been off before. Just try and save the plastic rivets, if you can't, there dirt cheap over at advance or autozone.

Quick Reply: Passenger Window Knocked Out of Line