2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odd noise when turning LEFT

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try rotating the tires if you havent already front to back back to front

Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
2001Ram
Captain

Tires have been rotated....

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
penfold

My truck started to make a noise today, the only way to describe it is when i turn left it makes a noise like something needs to be greased.

I can replicate this sound by driving slow down a road and turn hard right and then hard left. I suspect it may be the track bar as it long over do, and there is serious slop in the balljoint end of the bar.

I will probably replace it before the end of the week and will try to make a post if that is the culprit.

Does your steering seem to be more responsive when turning one direction than the other?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

My friend had a similar problem but it was on his 2005 Dodge Power Wagon. He took it into his dealer, and they replaced his tie rods, if your going to replace them i suggest you replace both at once. And I read that you are going on a trip, do that before you go. You don't want to get stranded 300 miles from home nobody likes that.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 AM
mrfarrell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheel bearings don't always have an extreme amount of play when there going..mine was gone so bad that when i would stop going down hill it would feel like the wheel was about to fall off and it had no play at all when i moved the tire in all directions..my theory was since i had recently put new pads rotor's and calipers on..it was holding the wheel to solid into the knuckle to get alot of play out of it...also in the 4x4's witch i know doesnt apply to you..the stub shaft kinda holds it together when i popped mine out the hub split in half..

Quick Reply: Odd noise when turning LEFT