2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Damn Cupholder! 2001 ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we could talk about plenums instead....

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Or CAIs and TB spacers.

Honestly, the cupholder in the Ram is the best I've ever had. It holds everything, and nothing has ever spilled out of it. When I bought it, the spring on the passenger side adjuster was broken, not sure how the PO did that. I bought a replacement on eBay out of a 1999 and it works great. Needs a little WD40 as it squeaks when you open it, but someday I'll get around to that.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonw
Or CAIs and TB spacers.

Honestly, the cupholder in the Ram is the best I've ever had. It holds everything, and nothing has ever spilled out of it. When I bought it, the spring on the passenger side adjuster was broken, not sure how the PO did that. I bought a replacement on eBay out of a 1999 and it works great. Needs a little WD40 as it squeaks when you open it, but someday I'll get around to that.

I will second that. These are hands down the best cupholders I've ever used in a vehicle. fit's anything you'd ever be drinking out of in a car, and mine's been tough so far.... I find myself using the rear cupholders quite often also, and they are handy as well. I'm definitely gonna get that geno's cupholder too though, that'd be the icing on the cake!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

qspinny, how bad is yours broken? Is it just the hinge part? If so, a few people here have fixed it with wire, kinda like how tailgate cables work.... just somethin I thought of...

Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM
qspinnyj
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine was missing when i bought the truck, but i think i found one someone pm'd me, and to the other people sorry i know i should have searched for a previous post but as you said i'm new and i just want the cupholder to fill the giant hole in my dash

Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 PM
bardram
Veteran

ramsport, how do you like the gino's? I just read on the site that you have to do some modifications to get the console to click closed?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

The 'modification' consists of screwing the little pointy thing (technical term) out a bit so the latch can grab it. That's it.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:12 AM
northernRAM

i like how dodge thought hard enough to throw the oe cup holder over radio and fan controls hard brake check + coffee in holder = sticky buttons and *****

Old 05-14-2010, 12:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by northernRAM
i like how dodge thought hard enough to throw the oe cup holder over radio and fan controls hard brake check + coffee in holder = sticky buttons and *****
Gotta agree with ya there. That, and my coffee cup/1 liter bottles do NOT stay in there...... I have some neat stains on my pants/dash/floor to demonstrate that little fact.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the cupholders way up there, needs to lay off whatever it was he was smoking at the time.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
qspinnyj
Amateur

luckily i have the flip down cup holder in my 01 not the horrible sticky radio cup holder

Quick Reply: Damn Cupholder! 2001 ram