2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vacuum line question w/ pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum line question w/ pic

while checking the vacuum lines, to figure out my Wild Vents issue, I noticed underneath the battery, there's some gadget, LOL. Well a vacuum line runs to the top of it, and there is about a 6 inch section of the vacuum line missing. I can't even tell what the gadget is, due to corrosion on it, and imagine that's why the vacuum line is broken.

Does anyone recognize the line? or the gadget? And would it cause my wild vents? I followed the line the other way, and it runs to the vacuum junction deal on the left side of the throttle body, that has a couple other vacuum lines running out of it. I'm not very engine savvy, sorry, or I'd have better explanations. Any help is appreciated.

I'm holding the line where it's broken, and I noticed on the top of that corroded deal, there is what looks like a rubber boot the vacuum line goes to. It is directly underneath my battery, which for some reason is really corroded and gross. Probably time for a new one.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is the cruise control module I believe.... does your cruise work?

and the wild vents can be fixed by replacing the one way check valve on the vacuum lines to the right of the throttle body.... I might have a pic somewhere of it on mine but if you have a look you'll see it...

Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg maxx, I may be in love with u. My cruise light comes on, but no matter how many times I hit the button, it wont work. That most likely is why. Hooray, I'm gonna figure out a way to fix that, and see if it works
Thanks bud. Hopefully fixed one problem, while trying to fix another.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well I am flattered, but sorry dude I'm married

I hope you get er figured out

Quick Reply: Vacuum line question w/ pic