2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

When to Replace Receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 AM
mrfarrell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its the evap core and you need quick disconnect tool's to remove the line and dryer,same thing as a the fuel line disconnect tool...

Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

The sensor there is the high pressure switch. Yes, it just unscrews, and you can reuse it.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:34 PM
busaguy05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensor that is circled in red is your low pressure sensor. It just unscrews, it is all plastic so take it easy on it when putting on the new. I found out the hard way... lol Really anytime you open up your a/c system you should replace the accumulator/ dryer. If you don't have the vacuum pump, gauges and nitrogen you shouldn't be working on it. You got to have a full set of gauges to see what is going on with your system, the nitrogen to test for leaks and a vacuum pump to evacuate the air and moisture in the lines so you don't ruin your new components.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The sensor there is the high pressure switch. Yes, it just unscrews, and you can reuse it.
Originally Posted by busaguy05
The sensor that is circled in red is your low pressure sensor. It just unscrews, it is all plastic so take it easy on it when putting on the new. I found out the hard way... lol Really anytime you open up your a/c system you should replace the accumulator/ dryer. If you don't have the vacuum pump, gauges and nitrogen you shouldn't be working on it. You got to have a full set of gauges to see what is going on with your system, the nitrogen to test for leaks and a vacuum pump to evacuate the air and moisture in the lines so you don't ruin your new components.
DOH!!! Quite right. LOW pressure sensor....... erm... I was tired? The dog ate my homework?

Sorry 'bout that.

Quick Reply: When to Replace Receiver?