2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with tire rubbing

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005 | 02:54 AM
dodg_24
Default RE: Help with tire rubbing

any suggestions?

Old 06-02-2005 | 02:07 AM
bryced_d
Rookie

i personally wouldnt go with a body lift because they ride rough and you will have a gap between the body and frame......if you go with a body lift get the gap guards.........i have the same problem on my truck except i am running 285/75/16 whic is about 33/11.50 on my stock 16x7 rims..........i have been told that getting a wider rim with different backspacing will fix the problem but i have been considering wheel spacers..........does anyone know where i can buy them from?

Old 06-02-2005 | 10:23 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: dodg_24

They are 33x12.5 (my bad on that). It already has a small lift. I bought the truck with the tires and lift on it. The 3 inch lift is around $500. Too much for me. Spacers are the best thing to buy then. Why not the body lift? How much are the body lifts?

I lifted my ranger.

You can see this at www.ronbarthelt.com I got a ton of pics.

A body lift can work if you do it right but when I lifted my truck I noticed some sway and some play in the steering. I would recommend a body lift for an older truck that you just dont care too much about. But a new ram or newer ram I would do the suspension lift because its more solid and rugged. Trust me on this. I know some of the guys do body lifts and it works out ok but you really need to take the time to solve all the little quirks of a bodylift if you want it to feel the same driving down the road.

I didnt read all the posts but did you say how old your truck was?

Quick Reply: Help with tire rubbing