2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need parts for repairs

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010 | 12:08 PM
witchy woman
|
Amateur
Default Need parts for repairs

I'm trying to decide if I want to fix my son's truck or scrap it. It's a 99, 1500 4X4 extended cab and I need these parts and a few others:

A piece of the passenger side frame rail from the front motor mount to the bumper (front 12" to 14" of the frame rail).
Front axle.
Hood.
Passenger side fender and wheel cowl (well) and door.

My question isn't should I fix it or not, my question is: what model years can I salvage parts off of to fit this truck? Are all parts (including body parts) from 94-01 interchangable?

Old 06-12-2010 | 01:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Erm, the truck has frame damage? If it is just bent, have a body shop straighten it. (not exactly cheap.....) If it is damaged beyond repair, just welding in sections of frame would make me very nervous.

Front axle: any from the year range, and same weight rating... should work. Need to make sure you get the same gear ratio as you currently have though. A fairly straightforward swap.

Most body parts from that range should be compatible.

Old 06-12-2010 | 02:17 PM
mrfarrell
Veteran

just remember regular cabs doors dont fit quad cabs....and if his truck is a sport then his fenders need to be 99 up..hoods are the same all the way up..and replacing frame sections is no big deal if its done correctly..

Old 06-12-2010 | 03:30 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

lmctruck.com for new body panels.
http://www.mintonmotorsinc.com/index.html for used parts (almost anything you need) They're in Bowling Green Kentucky so you can drive there if you're close enough.

Quick Reply: Need parts for repairs