2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

All the problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:01 PM
scottnfwi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All the problems

I read and look at the forums everyday and im shocked at all the problems
you all have with your trucks.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,271 Likes on 3,018 Posts

Actually, its a lot of thread about the same set of problems. Most of the issues discussed here are fairly common to the second gen dodges. A testament to poor engineering. (mostly I think it is due to: "We can save a buck if we do X.")

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
ryan0714
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i almost posted the same exact thing the other day, just amazes me all the problesms, but yet i like never have nothin with mine. but i love gettin on here and helpin/learnin.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Eh, we're talking about trucks that have been around long enough for parts to wear out and previous neglect to show up. Most owners don't bother to do all of the prescribed periodic maintenance, and most of the trucks we hear about here were bought used so there's just no telling whether the maintenance was kept up or whether or not there was adequate brain connected to the wrenches.

Another factor that comes into play is that a lot of these trucks have been modified, and not always by the sufficiently clueful. I'm speaking of previous owners, of course. Everyone here is at least above average if not absolutely freakin' brilliant.

My 98 with just shy of 97k miles is in fine shape and other than an end-of-life O2 sensor it's trouble-free. I rarely catch the O2 sensor's ugly spot because most of the time it's at highway speed when it comes in so the transition goes by quickly and without a hiccup. I'll be doing the 100k maintenance next month to keep the thing trouble-free, so I've no complaint at all. The trans is just fine, the plenum gasket doesn't leak, the track bar is tight as a gnat's ***... no worries here.

Quick Reply: All the problems