2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

how to break into my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by pavement_hater
Because a coat hanger is an amateur tool. It will work but sometimes it isn't easy. If your truck has the lock that slides up and down which correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all the Rams have, a slim jim works like a charm. Like I said before with the right bend in it I can open my truck on about 3 seconds. Did it a couple weeks ago when I was working on my truck. Turned my key on and forgot that my remote start auto locks the door when the ignition is turned on. End result, I locked myself out.
I always leave a window rolled down for just such an occasion...... Yes, I learned that the hard way.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
pavement_hater
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I always leave a window rolled down for just such an occasion...... Yes, I learned that the hard way.
I normally will do that also. I forgot for once. Had the door open, turned on the key and didn't think about the window until I closed the door. I need to keep a spare key in the house. The only other key my wife had and she was at work about 50 miles away.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
97r/tram
Veteran

I got one thats pretty funny. A few years back my mom and I were in town for something and my mom manages to lock her only set of keys in the car in front of the sheriff's station. We looked like we were trying to break into the car. We just waited for a Loganville cop to come up and slimjim her door open. The cop managed to get it open on the 3rd try but bent her door frame in the process.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lord0fsal3m
sorry i didnt read this sooner, i do it all the time, i keep a coat hanger under my bedliner, just bend a 1/2" 90 degree angle at the end, straighten the rest and slip it right down between the door and roof, easiest from standing in the bed. get the 90 between the lock and door panel, twist and pull up. ive found that the passenger side of my truck is a little easier, and doing it with window tint, at night, especially in the rain, really blows lol. like i said, i do it all the time.

and that video is histerical
Theres two even easier ways than that.. one requires coat hanger and one just a butterknife..... I'll leave it at that but anyone who knows what google is can just google it for instructions
plus anyone who looks at a diagram for the door can see the weatherstripping pulls right off in 2 seconds without tools (I replaced mine in ten) and as rams owners your knowlegde of how easy it is to break into our trucks is more important to know to prevent break ins and leaving important things in truck than the off chance someone would be soo retarded as to look here (and only here) for such simple to figure out answers....

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 07-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:12 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys laugh at that video but side window glass is tough. We had a car fire one time and the same thing happend to me using a halligan bar. I smacked that thing a few times before the bitch would break. It kept bouncing off I was like wtf is going on here it's f-ing glass.

For those of you that don't know firefighing stuff this is a halligan bar

Old 07-07-2010, 08:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I used one of those nifty, neato little spring powered center punches that you pick up for 3 bucks at wally world. Press it against the glass, press it in, spring fires the hammer, and window blows into a million little bits. Works first time, every time. Don't even work up a sweat. I was actually really surprised at just how effective it was.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I busted a spark plug with a hammer one time and tossed a chunk of the porcelain at the window of a junk car that was in the back yard and it blew the window into a million pieces. You don't have to throw it very hard at all, as soon as the corner of the busted porcelain makes contact it does the job. If you hit a windshield with it the windshield will spiderweb pretty good too.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I used one of those nifty, neato little spring powered center punches that you pick up for 3 bucks at wally world. Press it against the glass, press it in, spring fires the hammer, and window blows into a million little bits. Works first time, every time. Don't even work up a sweat. I was actually really surprised at just how effective it was.
Yeah those are fun to play with. I have a few of them ha ha

Old 07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
tuski
Professional

Hahaha, that sucks, but I think we've all done it. I have a back window with a broken little plastic lock, so i can just slide a knife in there and claw in and look like i'm stealing the truck ^.^

Old 07-07-2010, 01:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by tuski
Hahaha, that sucks, but I think we've all done it. I have a back window with a broken little plastic lock, so i can just slide a knife in there and claw in and look like i'm stealing the truck ^.^
On my truck, the latch for the rear slider wasn't even there..... so, locking the truck is really pointless.... And I can't find on in the junkyard, seems to be a popular piece. I don't even wanna think about what the dealer would want for it...

Quick Reply: how to break into my truck?