2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

In-depth questions on "wild vents"-calling gurus

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Fubba
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In-depth questions on "wild vents"-calling gurus

I have had the "wild vent" problem on my 96 since I got it about three years ago. I've grown completely sick of it, so now I'm trying to fix it. Here are my questions. I know Chrysler came up with a fix for the problem. It's a vacuum check valve with a small vacuum reservoir. The part number is 4677204 and it looks like this (found in another thread): Name:  1010081558-01.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  91.9 KB

You will notice that he has a check valve coming out of the top of that "T" which I don't have. The line goes directly to the "T" as in the TSB found below.

The Dodge TSB for this problem can be found here: http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1996/24-01-96a.htm

In this thread where I found that picture, HankL posted some information about putting the 4677204 check valve where the line leaves the passenger side of the intake and taking the place of the small check valve there. The link to that thread is here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ild-vents.html

My question is: where does this new can go specifically? Also, does the reservoir end go closest to the cab or is the other way around?

I've also ordered new regular check valves which I'll install tomorrow when I get them. They are part number 4549202. Which way does the vacuum need to flow? Towards the intake right?

Any other information to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I know of the other places where the lines could leak, and I've already checked those. Thanks guys.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Fubba
Professional

bumping for help

Old 07-07-2010, 08:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Their should be an arrow in the check valves, indicating flow direction, point the arrow towards the vacuum SOURCE. (I.E. the intake manifold.)

The reservoir should point toward the cab, on the other one. (if there is no arrow.)

Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Mtxaudiosystm

i have todo mine tomorrow. hopefully its my problem

Quick Reply: In-depth questions on "wild vents"-calling gurus